Which NEW Pick-Up for Towing

Jamie Jones

Which NEW Pick-Up for Towing?....   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which NEW Pick-Up for Towing.... If you going to get a  NEW Pick-Up for Towing a twin axle trailer (with a 2-3t Trailer and Load) which one would you get. I current Have an Isuzu D-Max Utah 2.5 and can't wait to get out of it. But every one I look at I seem to get advice from owners of not to buy one.

• New Ford Ranger 3.2l
    • New Nissan Navara 2.4l
    • New Mitsubishi L200 2.4l
    • New Toyota Hilux 2.4l
    • New Isuzu D-Max 2l

13 minutes ago, Tree Man Tom said:

The new ranger is 2l bi-turbo coupled to a 10speed box, been reading up on the forums recently and seem to be getting good reviews. I've got the 3.2 at the moment which I love but might test drive the 2l myself and see what it's like.

I think that's the same 10 speed that they use in the F150.

59 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

This doesn't...

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

GMC 51,399 miles Tipper van excellent condition ex fire service PROFESSIONALLY RESTORED CONDITION looks like new, can be used as show vehicle, OVER £10000 SPENT...

I see this is 6.2litre and 180BHP . My Navara is 2.5litre and makes 188BHP . I guess the biggun has shed loads more torque . 

What’s the problems with the new Hilux?

I have one and it goes pretty well.  Granted, I don’t tow one a daily basis but it handles my ST8 without breaking sweat and I live in a hilly area.  Before I purchased I had a courtesy vehicle for 24 hours.  I put an Ifor Williams twin axle trailer on the back with a Forst TR8 and drove it for the day between jobs.  It was snowing like mad and hard pack on the roads.  I didn’t have chains or studs, just winter tyres and there was no problems.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ferguson system said:

My vote goes to the Ranger. But since you're going to be towing 2-3T, I would have looked at US Ford pickups. Ford F150 and F250. Stronger axles, frame, engine and transmission. Many of them has a tow/haul function that changes the gear and engine characteristics. Max torque and braking power.

To many of them were imported with no GTW weight so you cant even tow a kids toy with them.

1 hour ago, Justme said:

To many of them were imported with no GTW weight so you cant even tow a kids toy with them.

Yes, that is true. Although, it shouldn't be a problem when it comes to documenting what they can actually tow and get them registered with that. The chassi number on US trucks is fairly easy to decode, and the documentation should be more than adequate.