Hedge trimmer safety trousers

Steve Bullman

25 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Never heard of such a thing but just saw these on treestuff. I assume they are also available in the uk

WWW.TREESTUFF.COM

TreeStuff.com Professional Arborist Supplies and Tree Climbing Gear

I’ve got some stihl ones. I caught my leg years ago so when I saw them I got some. Keep you warm on cold hedge cutting days too

Wonder would they  work better than  regular chainsaw trousers?

Different material needed to protect from a trimmer blade than chainsaw?

Brushcutter/hegde trimmer trouser dual purpose...

WWW.STIHL.CO.UK

Ideal for hedgetrimming work. Three protective pockets: for hedge trimmer leg protection, clearing saw leg protection...

Take inserts that -cost  extra

WWW.SAM-TURNER.CO.UK

Patent pending. 65 cm long, protects against both cut and knee injuries with hedge trimmers. Highly effective, pleated...

Never liked chaps

Edited by Stere

On 05/09/2019 at 08:43, Stere said:

Never liked chaps

I was cutting a tall hawthorn hedge once and was suddenly blinded by loads of greenfly. I let go with one hand to swipe them away from my face and the trimmer swung round and pinched me on the thigh. I was wearing ordinary bib and brace over jeans and it didn't cut me but I had a big V shaped bruise where it nipped and it was painful for days.

8 hours ago, nepia said:

I've worn Stihl brushcutter strides for years; very hardwearing, they last well.  Have they simply been renamed hedgecutting trousers?

The hedge cutter trousers are from memory only been out for 2 years, they are different from the brushcutter trousers.

• Like 1