1 Cubic metre split log price.

Paul Tomo

What’s the going price for 1 cubic metre of seasoned Ash & Oak split logs 20% moisture content and under plus delivery going for at this time of the year. Plus I’ve got a few tonne of mixed hard and softwood split logs as well, what would a mixed 1 cubic metre go for.

I was thinking maybe selling a 1 cubic metre for about £100 I guess there’s going to be about a £20 difference either side of this price of £100 depending on what part of the country you are from.

thanks...Paul Tomo (Notts & Lincs)

Edited by Paul Tomo
  • Like 1

At the moment I can only deliver a small amount at a time, I could use the inside of the van as we’ll to make up a cubic metre. My trailer is only 4+3+1.5ft this is only half the size of a cube, but I think it should make about £60 odd. 

When end funds are better I will be looking for a caged ifor Williams trailer so until then I will have to keep using my little trailer, just hope it holds up until.

Edited by Paul Tomo

Consider Hiring a tipping trailer off a builder at the weekends.

Go into the trailer shop,explain you can't afford to buy one right now and ask them if they know anyone that might be willing to Hire one out.

Worst you will hear is not,best might be that they had a used/part exchange you might get for cheap?

32 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

Consider Hiring a tipping trailer off a builder at the weekends.

Go into the trailer shop,explain you can't afford to buy one right now and ask them if they know anyone that might be willing to Hire one out.

Worst you will hear is not,best might be that they had a used/part exchange you might get for cheap?

Thanks for the info and input Mike, I’ve been looking on Gumtree but the price on some trailers are way above my price range. I’ll take your advice mate thanks

• Like 1

£100/m3 loose for delivered seasoned firewood (<20% MC) AH/OK mix sounds a fair price but will depend upon what part of the country and size of load. In my experience based on a load size of 1.5m3/loose mixed seasoned hardwood in range of £75-£100/m3 loose, seasoned mixed softwood £50-80/m3 loose and mixed hardwood/softwood priced on percentage of hardwood/softwood in load but often 50/50.  Prices likely to be higher in some areas but probably not less than these prices for decent logs.