Husqvarna battery strimmer/brushcutter 520iRX

scbk

I've got a couple of the Bli200 batteries, generally use the economy power setting which is fine for nettles & bracken etc. & probably lasts +/- 1.5hr. Thick patches of tall grass make it work harder which might bring it down to 40-50mins with full power.  Even so gives enough time to charge the spare battery providing you have a power source. Nothing in the manual about power of motor either. 

My (very) old 2t Stihl was 31cc & I'd say it's a match for power, probably not as robust so doubt it would take the abuse the old machine suffered or even still be running after 30+years.  These days I appreciate that it's a lot less tiring to use & vibration is a fraction of an ICE machine, with the motor at the head there's no drive shaft so much lighter & no torsion when you squeeze the trigger.

11 minutes ago, Stere said:

Those batteries & charger are  expensive

Your not wrong,  I now have battery chainsaw & lawn mower as well so hoping the investment will pay off.  So far so good, have cut 2 winters worth of logs, mown the lawns & kept paddocks clear of weeds with no petrol.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just read there's a new husqy battery brushcutter coming out "in 2020"

Here's a video from Sweden, if you go into the settings you can select English subtitles

Looks a decent enough machine, it has the motor at the battery end, supposedly making it more rugged, and apparently matches with a 35cc petrol machine.

Would be interesting to know a date when it will be available in this country, and a price!

• Like 1

I do find the Husqvarna model numbers a bit confusing, doesn't help they have changed some about!

It looks like the new battery stimmers/brushcutters in this country will be 535iRX and 535iRXT

WWW.PITCHCARE.COM

Husqvarna have announced the launch of two new powerful battery-powered brushcutters which will raise the bar for...

• 1 month later...

Well, the Husqvarna 535iRX seems a good bit of kit

Have only used it briefly, but I imagine it will take away a fair bit of the work normally done with petrol machines. Very nice to use, quiet and low vibe.

It comes as standard with a basic (but comfortable!) harness, bump feed head, tri grass blade, and a saw tooth style clearing saw blade.

:bandit: :001_cool:

DSCN2381.JPG

• Like 1