Farm 2000 boilers

RobInNorfolk

I don't know why you wouldn't want to use an accumulator tank, as it acts as an insulated store for the hot water produced. The idea of any biomass boiler system is to burn the wood hot and fast to produce the maximum heat from the fuel source and then store it in the accumulator until its needed. It's not like a conventionally fuelled boiler where you can draw oil or gas on as the system demands.

If you don't have the accumulator it's really a waste of time and you may as well have a conventional oil or gas boiler.

1 hour ago, Calamity Wayne said:

I don't know why you wouldn't want to use an accumulator tank,If you don't have the accumulator it's really a waste of time and you may as well have a conventional oil or gas boiler.

I have recommended the farm 2000 to a fair few people and none of them run the accumulator. The shutter and fan system on them is so good it actually behaves like a conventional gas or oil boiler. Once you have built up a decent bed of ashes  ( important)  cram as much gear in there as you can and shut the door, the fan/stat take care of the rest on demand. One guy can get a weeks burn out of his if its well packed in there , his is up on blocks at wheel barrow height so he can load and rake out ashes straight from the barrow. By far the best chog/arb waste burner on the market.

Bob

I heat my farm with an eco Angus wood gasification boiler ( this includes a 5 bed house a three bed house and an uninsulated work shop/ barn), it has a 4000 litre accumulator tank, any biomass heating system benefits from one of these vessels,it means the boiler doesn’t need to run all of the time and your heat demands are always served when needed.
The eco Angus also gets the RHI some other boilers don’t because of dust and N2O. Its good to be able to get some pay back for not burning fossil fuels. I would seriously recommend an eco Angus to anyone, they are so simple.

On 12/09/2019 at 08:31, aspenarb said:

I have recommended the farm 2000 to a fair few people and none of them run the accumulator. The shutter and fan system on them is so good it actually behaves like a conventional gas or oil boiler. Once you have built up a decent bed of ashes  ( important)  cram as much gear in there as you can and shut the door, the fan/stat take care of the rest on demand. One guy can get a weeks burn out of his if its well packed in there , his is up on blocks at wheel barrow height so he can load and rake out ashes straight from the barrow. By far the best chog/arb waste burner on the market.

Bob

You don’t have to have a buffer but if you don’t your emissions will be awful and the burn will not be as clean.

buffers are not expensive and also safer - if you need to dump heat quick you can