getting rid of un-mulched waste

DTaylor

So i'm new to getting rid of waste in the UK. I was speaking to a gardener and he told me that un mulched branches are classed as a waste product and that you need a waste license to get rid of these at green waste sights. Is that correct? So as a tree surgeon without a chipper, will I be needing a waste license to get rid of everything other than timber? What setups do people use when operating without a chipper? Obviously the plan is to buy one as soon as possible but for now its just gunna be a hussle!

Cheers

Without researching the matter isn't anything straight from the tree virgin, not processed, and therefore not requiring of a licence so long as it's your own waste and not someone else's that your moving for reward?

Doesn't matter if your own waste does need a licence though; a basic waste carrier's licence is available online foc - just get one

WWW.GOV.UK

Register or renew registration with the Environment Agency to transport, buy, sell or broker waste.

• Like 1

It is commercial waste but as long as you stick to transporting material which is arisings from your own work then as nepia said registering is free.

Depends where you are, tip site directory may be your friend or you might need to ring around. Near us the options are green waste with Amey Cespa where they weigh the load and charge a commercial rate or else there are a couple of commercial compost producers who like the wood fibre and so do loads for a lower flat rate. Taking it back to the yard and burning it has had its day, you should not do that any more.