Stump solutions

HDAV

Question

The outlaws recently had an aborist in to do some work to some mature trees and remove some unwanted ones. 

Now they have done a great job especillay trimming the larger tree. Where one of the unwanted trees has been removed there is a beautifully level base of a stump left it’s virtualy flush to the lawn and about 9” diameter.

Now what sort of work is it to grind the stump down below the lawn and turf seed over it? Is it an easy job with a hired grinder ?

if it’s a day/had a day with a grinder then add top soil and seed I would do it myself.

any recommendations on grinder hire costs around Bridgewater or Taunton?91910049-E912-4622-BC88-89-BD1-DCF1-FA3.0-FFA9-A9-B-B6-F2-4-F04-9066-AE5-B1-AD62

Edited by HDAV

17 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Agree. Machine already out and about. And really local. Within a mile.

i’d go further than a mile ?

generally i’d say within a 10 mile radius of my yard if i had to put a distance on it but location would have a lot to do with it. 9 miles or 15-20mins drive across the forest would take me from sway-Beaulieu, a drive i’d happily undertake. however 9 miles the other direction would put me just the other side of christchurch. i’m not interested in going over that way for one stump. it’s all relative 

Do see where youre coming from. Forest drive is nice but 20 mile round trip at 15mpg with pick up and trailer, then finding there's a few sets of steps do go down or up and that slab of concrete right under the stump £72 inc is not the worth it. 

10 mile round trip at my convenience through forest and you got me ? 

You do flip flop a lot.

Here’s how it works.

Client phones up saying they have a 9” stump, easy access to do, I say that’ll be 60quid, we will do it in the next two weeks, I’ll call you a couple of days beforehand let you know we’re coming.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You do flip flop a lot.

Here’s how it works.

Client phones up saying they have a 9” stump, easy access to do, I say that’ll be 60quid, we will do it in the next two weeks, I’ll call you a couple of days beforehand let you know we’re coming.

Then on day 10 they email you saying when are you coming blah blah we have a wedding blah blah

42 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Do see where youre coming from. Forest drive is nice but 20 mile round trip at 15mpg with pick up and trailer, then finding there's a few sets of steps do go down or up and that slab of concrete right under the stump £72 inc is not the worth it. 

10 mile round trip at my convenience through forest and you got me ? 

it’s all about the bigger picture, but what do i know ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

Sorry if i offended you I just don't want to collect customers who return for same rock bottom prices. Been there and done that. And we're booked till winter with 1st week of new year also booked so why bother. 

i’m not offended, you know the fencing industry and i know trees. 

breaking it down, less than an hour which includes travel and grinding out the stump for £60.00 that coupled with the £350-400 of other stump grinding work that’s been done that day isn’t bad money, especially when my other guys are out doing £800 of work on their job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

Sorry if i offended you I just don't want to collect customers who return for same rock bottom prices. Been there and done that. And we're booked till winter with 1st week of new year also booked so why bother. 

If you’re booked solid for the next 4-5 months I’d definitely be taking some more guys on