Disgruntled employee

forestboy1978

5 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

You have an annoying knack of telling me to do what I'm already gonna do ? 

This is catharsis.. I'm sounding out my thinking

The thing is, we've all got opinions and if you voice yours on a forum someone will come back and voice theirs.

Hope you find someone reliable for next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

The thing is, we've all got opinions and if you voice yours on a forum someone will come back and voice theirs.

Hope you find someone reliable for next week.

It's the mark of a good forum. Being able to express differing opinions without making it personal or ranting. :beer:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, felixthelogchopper said:

It's the mark of a good forum. Being able to express differing opinions without making it personal or ranting. :beer:

Ranting is great Al, it's when people take things personal that ruins things, (I've been guilty of it). I got a message from an arbtalk member the other week saying, "we've had some disagreements recently Egg, I don't mean any harm from it", or words to that affect. Still best of mates. Have a row, move on, there really are worse things to worry about.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Ranting is great Al, it's when people take things personal that ruins things, (I've been guilty of it). I got a message from an arbtalk member the other week saying, "we've had some disagreements recently Egg, I don't mean any harm from it", or words to that affect. Still best of mates. Have a row, move on, there really are worse things to worry about.

Depends on the rant, mate. Some of it on here is a bit playground pissing contest style. Not this thread, though.

Edited by felixthelogchopper
Clarifcation.
  • Like 1

We (Europe) were once a serf/master economy. Workers were tied by birth to a landowner and we're basically slaves for life. Then during the enlightenment we moved to a trades based economy where workers committed to a trade in early life. Then the industrial revolution, unions, etc, and workers committed to being an employee for life. Now we have the gig economy culture, but at the same time we still have the old "loyal employee/employer" culture. There seems to be a friction between these two paradigms. People increasingly don't want to be bound by the duty of employment, but still want the security. Never been easier to enter or change trades, because of accelerated learning tools, access to info and mechanisation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He gets £12.14 per hour plus 22 days holiday and all tips and has to get to mine which is 2 miles or the yard which is 500 yards from his house and gets a lift in and out to work from either of those places.

He also gets paid for a full day if we finish early and there is nothing to do which happens a fair bit. 

Sounds like he can then. That’s a fair wage.
  • Like 1