Disgruntled employee

forestboy1978

£12+/hr plus another 20% paid holidays plus early shoots if the jobs done for little skill and no licence sounds like he’s onto a good thing. It would be cheaper to employ someone just starting out properly with a few tickets and a licence already and train them up, they’ll start at less than that and earn you more. As they gain experience they’ll want more but earn you more so it’s a win for both.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

£12+/hr plus another 20% paid holidays plus early shoots if the jobs done for little skill and no licence sounds like he’s onto a good thing. It would be cheaper to employ someone just starting out properly with a few tickets and a licence already and train them up, they’ll start at less than that and earn you more. As they gain experience they’ll want more but earn you more so it’s a win for both.

Well 22 days annual leave is prorata so he doesn't get that. He accumulates it based on how many of the 253 days in this tax year he covers. But by next April he'll have 23 possible days per year to a maximum of 26. 

Let's start from the beginning, you've got a lad on £12/hour/£96/day on an Eight hour day, he doesn't get full weeks, he doesn't get 22 days holiday pay, he turns up even though he doesn't have a driving license, and he's a good grafter. Bring the lad on, stop being so negative.

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Let's start from the beginning, you've got a lad on £12/hour/£96/day on an Eight hour day, he doesn't get full weeks, he doesn't get 22 days holiday pay, he turns up even though he doesn't have a driving license, and he's a good grafter. Bring the lad on, stop being so negative.

He's not a lad. He's a 30+ year old man who initially baulked at the idea of getting his own ass 2 miles down the road to work. 

If he wan'ts full time he's got it. He doesn't. 

If he wants his 22 days he'll get them if he worked full time. He works approx an average of 3/4 full time, pretty much fitted around his long weekend. He gets the proportional amount of holiday accrued for the proportion of full time work he does. Approx 3/4.

He refuses to learn to drive. We still drop him home often out of guilt when possible. He gets all tips and out early. 

And he appreciates fuck all. I've even given him a shit ton of outdated trimmers, all my old cabled tools that have been upgraded to batteries etc etc etc. 

I work full time during the week, evening and nearly every weekend so he has a job. I earn probably triple what he earns for triple the hours and all the stress and financial risk. 

I'm not fucking mother theresa...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Fuck him then, don't take that literally!, he still sounds like he could be a keeper to me.

Sheesh how?

Anyway, he's got 3 hours 11 mins to get back to me a let me know if he's coming back to work. 

If not, I'll process his wages for the month add his annual leave entitlement and pay him and send him his p45. 

Need to find someone by this Tuesday...