Closing down sale - Tractor and JAPA 700 processor

baz

I bought a JAPA 700 12" circular saw PTO drive processor in 2010 essentially to make my own firewood for the two stoves I have in the home but find that since having the Farmhouse fully insulated we are hardly having to use the fires any longer or consequently need to make much firewood either. So the dedicated Ford 4600 late 70's vintage tractor with a rare Ford cab and the JAPA sit idle for very long periods of time. In total, the processor has only got through no more than 300 tons of cord wood. 

The wood processing has all been done indoors, in our large barn so the process is in excellent condition with absolutely no rust and because it stays attached to the tractor by the three point links its ding free too. I have lots of local interest in the vintage tractor but i'd prefer to sell the tractor and processor as a unit for £7k incl VAT. If anyone is interested drop me a PM, preferably someone local to come and view and if a buyer to drive the tractor away.

Not looking to haggle or negotiate, the price is the price.

Edited by baz
updated title
  • Like 2

We had the house insulated on the green deal about 4 years ago now, just before the grant scheme ended. Seeing we live in a 450 year old farmhouse it was the  exterior foam and render cladding. Its made a massive difference to the old farmhouse inside temperature. In the winter we would get through a m3 bag of wood in 4 days running pretty much 24hr a day. Probably burn through around 30m3 a year. Now, a bag even in peak winter lasts a month.  It's a pity that scheme ended as it provided 80% funding from memory and its probably saving us £2k a year in fuel bills.

The equipment is located in south Shropshire about 10 miles South of Shrewsbury. I do have a telehandler so things can get loaded onto trailers if needed. The tractor is a start any weather go anywhere kind of beast. Its 40 years old so the interior isn't like new any longer with torn plastic seat cover and the fuel gauge doesn't work but I have a dipstick instead. Its just had a new premium battery so that'll be good for 10 years, which is good as they are very expensive. Also, seeing the processing was all done indoors there is a 25 foot exhaust (marine) snorkel that I use to direct the exhaust outside of the barn when its running. 

The processor has run faultless since new and only had one belt, the conveyor drive belt, replaced. Its been greased every year, or every 20 - 30T processed. Including the one difficult to get to grease point (JAPA owners will know which that is). The hydraulic oil has also been changed twice during my ownership, including new filter. I think I still have a spare filter somewhere. 

Ideally, anyone ending their wood days would love for their equipment to go to someone starting out and to help a newbie out I'd doubtless throw in some other goodies to get them on their way. It's a no VAT sale as the wood was for private use though I did supply a couple of associates from the local pub over the years, but that was on the beer barter system. It's a great mobile setup as the tractor is number plate registered so can be insured for local area road use.

20190824_111648.jpg20190824_111728.jpg20190824_111351.jpg20190824_111755.jpg

To get at the hard to get at grease nipple an access 50mm or so hole needs drilling in a steel plate,   machine looks in far better nick than my bashed about 700.   4000 series are a nice bit of kit,  shame it was not a 7000 or I might have been interested.

I've put it up on eBay - quite a bit of interest and offers in not too far away from the asking price. For anyone interested in the processor  I'd take £2,850 from a forum member for the processor alone which takes into account avoiding eBay fees.

Edited by baz
  • Like 1

Processor collected today by the buyer. I listed the tractor this afternoon and that's getting lots of interest already and an offer received. Shame they didn't go together but happy with the interest levels at the price I had in mind of £3k for the processor and £4k for the tractor.