Advertising

snltree

Looking for some advice on advertising what most people find works best and how they manage to keep the phone going

I personally have been using google ads and gumtree and I’m considering to set up a Facebook page we’re a fairly new company and looking for any advice we can get.

Thanks

Advertising for tree work? Total waste of money. Doing good work is the best way to get your name forward.
Advertising will ensure that you appeal to the ‘get 8 quotes to find the cheapest possible’ type of client.
That helps ensure that pricing in our industry is permanently suppressed[emoji849][emoji853]

• Like 3

Be fair, you have to get the work in the first place in order to do the good work.

People that get more than one quote aren’t by definition tightarses. Many haven’t the first idea how much it will cost so ask a few companies.

Nearly 14 years since I had to advertise in the UK, but I always found the local paper fought the most in.

Times have changed though.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

I found parish magazines provided a good return- cheap and gives the impression your local/part of the parish/not some fly by nighter.

never done Facebook, but did have a website, and truck signage which obviously goes everywhere with you. Word of mouth mainly for me now but as Mick says that comes once you have got your name out there.

9 hours ago, snltree said:

Looking for some advice on advertising what most people find works best and how they manage to keep the phone going

I personally have been using google ads and gumtree and I’m considering to set up a Facebook page we’re a fairly new company and looking for any advice we can get.

Thanks

You will mainly get nothing but time waster on facebook but its free so may as well have a page, likewise with Twitter and Linkedin. Take a bit of your budget away from google ads and invest it into SEO for your website. It will pay dividends in the long run

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Nearly 14 years since I had to advertise in the UK, but I always found the local paper fought the most in.

Mick, why do you always have an aggressive tone to your posts....maybe it's that French militant effect :D

I too would suggest 'Parish Mags' etc....and of course ARB Approval to "stand out from the tree surgery crowd" who provide the other x7 quotes :thumbup:

PS Was in Pontivy, Brittany at the weekend, a lovely town (don't know whereabouts you are tho.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Mick, why do you always have an aggressive tone to your posts....maybe it's that French militant effect :D

I too would suggest 'Parish Mags' etc....and of course ARB Approval to "stand out from the tree surgery crowd" who provide the other x7 quotes :thumbup:

PS Was in Pontivy, Brittany at the weekend, a lovely town (don't know whereabouts you are tho.)

Meant to write ‘brought’

I’m a long way from there Paul, near Angoulême.

11 hours ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Pontivy is is nothing, nothing compared to Vitre or many of the towns straddling the Loire and nearby rivers.

Also in Brittany,  Rochefort sur terre or Dinan are worth filling yer boots with.

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me, Pages Jaune (Yellow pages online)works very well.

Now re-branded as Solocal.

Web site is being updated for this Autumn.

I use FB as a gallery to which I refer clients too.

I also rather enjoy taking and posting images via instagram to our FB page.

Google adwords caused a bulge with too much work coming in and not enough manpower or kit to cope so we had to stop but will re-start in September

I take note of the media through which clients find us and must put together those stats again before Noel.

Stuart