Dolmer hedge cutters

Grassking

2 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I believe it is, I went for Radmore and Tucker as basically same price, I wanted 60cm, and I thought they were more likely to be helpful if there are any issues. They were helpful when I rang up with a question and also did next day delivery so no complaints.

How do you find them and how often do you use them.

They definitely look good

3 hours ago, Grassking said:

I rung makita customer services today and give them a few model numbers. 

They said they dont make an equivalent model to the two models I quoted.

I was hoping just to pick up a similar makita 

They are all made in the same environment  below is a cross reference between 

Dolmar and makita

dolmar Ht-2360D -  Makita Eh-5000w

dolmar ht-2375d -  Makita eh-7500w

dolmar ht-2475 -   Makita eh-7500s

3 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I looked into these, pretty sure that the new dolmar has the same cutting gear as the old robin, which is really what made them the hedgecutter they are. I still have a Robin, and now I have retired I hope it will last me for all the hedge cutting I am ever likely to do!

Speak to @shavey

Thanks Steve 

yes it has the Fuji Robin cutting gear the two larger models are the same style as your trimmer.  Makita purchased Fuji Robin 10yrs ago and it was consolidated into the brand 

4-5yrs ago , the hedge trimmers have got that Robin influence throughout 

also Robin brushcutters where available until earlier this year with the prefix Makita RBC

but now Dolmar / Makita don’t make a 2-stroke stropimmer , brushcutter only MM4

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have Dolmar Chainsaws and I have been very happy with them (PS6100 60cc & PS7910 80cc)

I don't see any reason why their hedge cutters or streamers shouldn't be up to the job as Dolmar is a respected brand that is now lost in the UK since Makita too them over and everything that comes into the UK is in blue and badged as Makita.

For some reason.. Which is probably down to the colour blue and the makita badge, no one looks at them as an option. Because they want brightly coloured kit for H&S