Dolmer hedge cutters

Grassking

13 minutes ago, Grassking said:

Hi has any one used dolmer hedge trimmers commercially 

I'm chasing that old Robin durability and cut.

I cant find any reviews and I'll just go back to echo or stihl if not.

Screenshot_20190820-174650_eBay.jpg

Not considered Husqvarna ? I find they cut fast and have bigger gaps between cutters to accept bigger stuff .  

Aren't they the same as they makita ones?

If you look at the dolmar website the older model ones have  bad vib ratings & the new are the same models with different colour bodies as makita.

WWW.DOLMAR.DE

Die Benzin-Heckenscheren von DOLMAR ermöglichen unabhängiges Arbeiten im weitläufigen Gelände...

31 minutes ago, Stere said:

Aren't they the same as they makita ones?

If you look at the dolmar website the older model ones have  bad vib ratings & the new are the same models with different colour bodies as makita.

WWW.DOLMAR.DE

Die Benzin-Heckenscheren von DOLMAR ermöglichen unabhängiges Arbeiten im weitläufigen Gelände...

I rung makita customer services today and give them a few model numbers. 

They said they dont make an equivalent model to the two models I quoted.

I was hoping just to pick up a similar makita 

4 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I looked into these, pretty sure that the new dolmar has the same cutting gear as the old robin, which is really what made them the hedgecutter they are. I still have a Robin, and now I have retired I hope it will last me for all the hedge cutting I am ever likely to do!

Speak to @shavey

It probably will, I scraped mine 

I had no idea they would run out of them.

Iv seen some second hand ones in Germany,  it's just the lack of reviews that puts me of

18 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I think others have had similar experiences with Makita UK being a bit useless. If you compare specs you can see the hedge trimmers on the Makita page are the same as the ones on dolmar.de , description points are more or less direct translation across. EH6000W and HT2360D for example.

If that's true, the makita 7500 is only 300£ in screwfix. 

Seems a bargain 

My local makita dealer kind of said all his makita are the same, it only the blade size that changes.