Stihl HSA 25 beard trimmer

Mark Bolam

I've just bought one of the absolute bottom-of-the-range Stihl cordless chainsaws. It's excellent. With appropriate expectation and use, I imagine the other domestic stuff is fine.

Edited by AHPP

I think you need to get a copy of the radio times and look in the back just after the comfy shoes, there you will find the elasticated trousers.

Seriously, no idea about the shears but do you really want to be committed to zipping around a load of them over and over? I reckon a more radical prune somewhere near ground level would sort them out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okatsune stuff is quality.

For small stuff theese are proper old skool quality:

WWW.ARTHURANDSTRANGE.CO.UK

Jakot Hand Shears from Greece perfect for so many garden tasks from Topiary to Perennial pruning these are a must...

& you can do sheep also: ?

WWW.ENGLISHHOMESTEAD.COM

There are certain bits of farming I love and certain bits I hate. Dagging sheep is firmly in the "hate" camp but it's also a...

Go for the EGO one, it's cheaper, and 12V so slightly more power and every bit as good if not better.  Ok downside is you don't get carry case, but apart from that it's basically exactly the same. 

EGOPOWERPLUS.CO.UK

New for 2019, these 12V Lithium Ion battery shrub/grass shears are ideal for everyday garden maintenance. With two...

Not at all.

You’ve just started a Stihl vs. Ego topic in my head.

I thought I’d put that kind of stuff behind me years ago....

My mate has used one and says it’s not a bad piece of kit for what it is.

I would like to point out that this would be purely for my own domestic situation.

I have plenty of petrol hedecutters for commercial work.

The idea of a quiet unit for pressure free trimming on a Sunday is quite appealing.

Never too far from the charger, which just by chance would be located near the workshop beer fridge.

• 2 months later...

Forgot to say I did buy one.

You wouldn’t base a commercial business round one, but it’s actually pretty good.

Ideal for fussy stuff, and ‘cutting and holding’ those annoying strands away from fences, pavements etc. 

Made a nice job of tidying up my balls.

E035FE10-D26E-4843-97F4-D5FC353E03EE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1