TREE WORKERS WANTED TEWKESBURY / CHELTENHAM AREA

Andrew Barrett

Hello,

I’m looking for one or two people to work for us on a regular basis.

If you’re a really good, reliable worker, you’re likely to be able to earn more with us than with most (or even any) other local firms. I understand very well how much difference there is in productivity between a very good and an average worker.

You will also never have any issues with being paid promptly and all our kit is excellent and well maintained. We pay overtime for late finishes, too. Our clients value our excellent service – and are willing to pay a premium vs. most other contractors.

I’m also not someone who needs to be asked for a pay rise. You’d start on average rates with us – and if I think you’re good enough to work for us on a regular basis I will pay you what you are worth.

My aim is to be the preferred employer for very good workers: so that we form a mutually beneficial long term working relationship based on well-earned trust. I had an excellent lead climber / cutter who retired a year ago and have (so far!) struggled to replace him with someone as good. 

In the long run I want to find someone trustworthy to drive the truck and chipper, including picking it up and dropping it off from our lock up near Tewkesbury.

I also need a fast, competent climber / cutter to work as foreman. Our bread and butter work is small to medium reductions and fells, conifer topping and a certain amount (not loads) of hedge cutting, etc.

The climber and truck driver could be the same person - I’m open to various permutations. Including having two experienced climbers.

I’d also be open to two people who are already familiar with working with each other approaching me as a team. Including if you’re both experienced climbers / cutters.

I want to move towards not always needing to be there for work to get done on site. 

At the moment I usually work two or three days a week on site (Tuesdays to Thursdays), so that’s what I’d be looking for initially and you’d be self-employed. I would be willing to be flexible about the days for really good candidates, however.

We've been going nearly 50 years and are known for taking particular care to look after our customers. 

We're based near Tewkesbury but do most of our work around Cheltenham / Gloucester.

You can look us up here:

www.barretttreeservice.co.uk

www.checkatrade.com/BarrettTreeService

Contact me at [email protected] or on 07801 337565. Let me know your experience / tickets, what you're good at / like doing (and vice versa), what kit you have (inc. vehicles / trailers) and what you charge.

Thanks, 

Andrew Barrett

• Like 1