New hilux invincible or navara tekna

Elmsdown Forestry

I think I'd go Amarok. I was a passenger in a V6 a few months ago and it was smooth, fast and quiet. Test drove a 3.2l Ranger and it was slow, uncomfortable and the auto box was terrible. You can uprate the towing capacity to 3.5t on the Amarok with SV Tech.

The amarok is a nice Car, (the hilux still feels a bit more like its built to work though) a mate has one which did need the engine splitting in 2, just under warranty luckily. But when the Navara n-guard, and hilux ultimate (high/top spec models) here are about 28k +vat, its hard to justify 45k +vat for the amarok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmsdown Forestry said:

45k for the Amarok is mental money for a work vehicle. If was looking to spend that much would go ranger raptor with the new 10 speed box, but at 49k still a joke to be trashed in the wood. Apparently the x class with the 250bhp engine is brilliant and Merc have ironed out the faults from Nissan. 

Think yourself lucky you’re not in Norway.

I have the Hilux SR+.  Similar to the invinsible but a bit less chrome.

consider you have to remove the rear seats as commercial vehicles can’t be used for anything other than commercial , unless you want to pay even more.

Stick a canopy back on and a bed liner and The vehicle was about 57k  + GBP.

stick the rear seats back in and you are looking at around 78k + GBP.

Never looked at an amarok so I have no idea what they retail at.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All the cheaper pickups seem to be going two ways. Smaller, weaker engines and more chrome and bling. Particularly the Hilux looks like someone has just glued bits of chrome effect plastic all over it. Looks ridiculous - what is wrong with understated?

When you're looking at a machine that has a gross train weight of 7000kg, a 2 litre engine with 150-180bhp seems unwise. I'd much rather spend a bit more for something like an Amarok or an X Class. The X class is to be discontinued by the way.

I like my 3ltr invincible, but often think about upgrading mainly for the need for 3,5t towing ability,
navara n-guard is top of the list if I go for a new mainstream motor, better spec, warranty and can tow 3,5t 

It’s a simple paperwork exercise to upgrade your existing one to 3.5t.