Timber grab

Ty Korrigan

This:

WWW.RIKO-UK.COM

Two heavy duty lower teeth / tines for pushing under heaps of timber etc. Two heavy duty top beaks to hold the timber etc. One DA service required, brackets available for all types of...

Any opinions on using this type of grab or similar?

It would be fitted to a 26hp compact tractor

I want to avoid the 'manure grabs' with tines as brash tends to get caught up, stick in the wood or get bent.

I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers

Stuart

I’d go for the silage grab.

Those ones you posted a link to seem good for regular size wood, which our job struggles to create, but anything smaller will fall through the middle, logs and brash.

I never bent the tines on my grab as they were tempered which is standard on farm grab tines, they might bow, but will pop back into line when the pressure is released, Plus you won’t have the power to bend them with that size tractor.

992374C8-8754-4E8C-8460-370C8970C420.jpeg

C921D28C-C7AD-4BB9-A7C1-B18A5ABD7C88.jpeg

• Like 1

I've a similar grab to what mick posted, on a 35 hp compact tractor. Never bent a tine myself but others have bent them for me! Broken one on a lump of oak too.. if you're careful they do the job, great on brash but not so good on multiple or crooked stems or branches. It gets used a lot less than the digger and grab now, unless its conny bashing or theres a long drag.
Looking at micks, mine is about 2/3rds the size with 4 tines on top and 5 on the bottom with a single ram in the middle. Picked it up for a couple of hundred quid off a farmer and got brackets made to fit.

Although I've never actually bent a tine myself, others using our old tractor managed it well enough.

After giving this some mature thought, I think I'll go back to what I know, a bucket bottom with tines above.

Good for scraping up the shitty McShit rakings too...

Stuart