Watch "Abandoned Excavator left in woods for 16 years- Will it start ??" on YouTube

petercb

I’m not convinced, the undecided things for me are,
a pristine looking bake bean tin over the exhaust with no crap, discolouration or rot on it, yet lots of debris all round it.
That ram looked mint for 16yrs of being outside in the elements, the would of defo been lots of pitting on the surface for sure.
The control panel at side of seat, covered in debris but once wiped clear looked in very good condition, and no rustiness to the ignition barrel.
overall paint condition looked no different to a every day used machine really and to say its been sat there 16yrs i would of expected it to have holes in places.
Those hydraulic pipes are mint, one is even brand new, the spiroflex fitted round one of them is pristine clean clear spiro, it’d be minging green after 16yrs.
I’m not convinced myself.

• Like 2

Could the guy maybe have repaired or replaced these things on site, but just not shown it in the video?

Yeah possibly, but you’d expect to see oil residue on paintwork, always get a drip from pipework and fittings where hydraulics are involved, its the norm, and even if it had been wiped off there would be a shade difference on the paintwork. Just my observations thats all, i could be way wrong.

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

I had a slight suspicion when he said that there was grass growing in the cab but the grass appeared to be just dropped in there . It was not rooted . 

Come off it Stubs, the grass was just rooted in leaf litter, of course it just lifted out.