well seasoned / kiln dried 3" oak required

farmerjohn

Hi all,
does anybody have any well seasoned / preferably kiln dried oak boards available or got any contacts for people who do.
I require enough to make a table 1.2m / 4ft wide after jointing and need to be a descent 3.4 / 3.6m long (10 feet)

preferably English oak but if i have to buy European any descent stockist would be appreciated (though would rather support British)

Regards, John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John

I think I might have just what you need! In the kiln now is a total of 8 slabs matching your description, though a touch shorter at 2.8m. should be out in about 4-5 weeks.

Happy to bring it up to you when it's done, I'm overdue a trip back to the lakes!

Some are from a 230 year old and some from a 43 year old, but both English oak which was felled because of building developments in Bristol and not from plantations.

We milled them all at just over 3" so they should plane down nicely. They are now being dried in a custom built Sauno relax drying kiln which makes sure they will keep their colour and not case harden. All our timber is scanned in several places with a freshly calibrated Wagner Orion meter before we sell it so it's not just me saying it's dry, I'll give you the exact moisture content readings.

We have a small business which is just getting started based around sourcing and processing our timber as ethically as we can. Whichever piece you choose I can tell you exactly where it grew and in many cases show you a picture of the tree before it was felled.

There's loads of pics on our Etsy, just bear in mind we have to offer free shipping and coupon codes on there so we might be able to wiggle on the price a bit if we deal direct. -www.ethicaltimber.co.uk - 

Please feel free to message me direct or send me a phone number and I will call you.

Looking forward to seeing what you make either way!

Tom