Which top handled chainsaw to buy?

Paul Tomo

53 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I think if it came with a 1.1 chain and bar as standard, you would be correct but the MS150 does and there is little between them in my humble opinion.

The differences in performance are significant when you're climbing daily. Being lighter, smaller and more ergonomic is the selling point of these saws, and the echo wins on all fronts.

The new models are infinitely more reliable than the early ones too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Newton said:

The differences in performance are significant when you're climbing daily. Being lighter, smaller and more ergonomic is the selling point of these saws, and the echo wins on all fronts.

The new models are infinitely more reliable than the early ones too. 

Yes but the only climbing I do is up the stairs at the end of the day, sometimes on all fours if I have partaken of an alcoholic beverage or four and the wife would take exception to me taking a saw in to the bedroom:scared1:

In other words....what do I know;)

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

I think if it came with a 1.1 chain and bar as standard, you would be correct but the MS150 does and there is little between them in my humble opinion.

They do now. Not that Echo knew anything about it let alone us dealers! (Only found out when PDIing a machine.)

The 1/4" model now comes with the tiny sugihara chain.

Edited by Mark_Skyland
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, spudulike said:

Yes but the only climbing I do is up the stairs at the end of the day, sometimes on all fours if I have partaken of an alcoholic beverage or four and the wife would take exception to me taking a saw in to the bedroom:scared1:

In other words....what do I know;)

Well I didn't want to put it like that. 

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 06:48, Mick Dempsey said:

Echo 2511 is a brilliant little trim/light takedown saw.

201 very good, reliable

540 very good, very poky.

I will not be taking questions

I find myself agreeing with Mick more and more these days.

I may need to take a break from Arbtalk for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

They do now. Not that Echo knew anything about it let alone us dealers! (Only found out when PDIing a machine.)

The 1/4" model now comes with the tiny sugihara chain.

Are they coming with the sugihara bar as well now then? Not a massive fan of that chain tbh, have snapped one and they are dull when brand new