Lawnmower for Domestic Use

Jaydub

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

No they will not fit 

Yeah, answered my own question with a Google search over lunchtime. 

You can get adaptor for hand tools but they all add extra depth to the connection. No use when you're trying to slot the battery into a connector. 

I'd like to centralise my cordless use around one manufacturer and a set of common batteries. Problem being its not in the manufacturers financial advantage to agree on one modular battery system. The batteries are where the profit is. 

That's why I'm hanging back on buying at the moment. Although the big players Stihl & Husqv. have a modular battery, how long before battery technology improves again and they all change the connection interface all over again. 

2 hours ago, topchippyles said:

I am using a lot of einhell stuff at the moment from toolstation,My mate is a rep for them and its german made and top quality at a fraction of the cost of the top brands.

No, it’s Chinese made and German branded like everything out there. That’s not a problem, China make some good gear, but don’t fall too hard for the marketing. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, doobin said:

No, it’s Chinese made and German branded like everything out there. That’s not a problem, China make some good gear, but don’t fall too hard for the marketing. 

Einhell Germany AG is a German manufacturer of power tools and electrical garden equipment in Landau an der Isar, Germany.[3]

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

Einhell Germany AG is a German manufacturer of power tools and electrical garden equipment in Landau an der Isar, Germany.[3]

All R&D work and management is in Germany, but from Einhells own CSR Report & Sustainability;

"The Asian subsidiaries are also responsible, amongst other things, for product sourcing, product preparation and procurement. Since Production is in Asia, it is also where Quality Assurance is based."

&

"It is a fundamental part of our current business model to have products manufactured in Asia in strict compliance with our own high standards"

There's nothing wrong with that, German quality control should be able to manage the quality of the end product. 

It's like everything, be it Apple or Dyson. R&D in the home country, manufacture in the cheapest economy. 

Its the global marketplace that we all now live in. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Powerfab said:

I'd put them on par with the Screwfix Erbauer "own brand" but looks like they might be a higher grade than these. 

I'll certainly be taking a closer look at them. They do seem good value for money. 

Not even close to it,I have used the mitre saws and they are power house of a unit and most of the cordless stuff.

I have the same mountfield mower its lasting really well ,

THe hegde trimmer I got is one: (Price has gone up £30 since I got it?) got the the 60cm they do a 50cm & 70cm also

Think its a newer improved model compared to the 36v double battery one and the cheaper 18v one.

• Like 1