Gap in the market?

Big J

Here you go J, downplate a 4x4 iveco, as your towing and not interested in the load carrying it easily comes in under the 3.5tons but with an 8 ton train weight. Being 4x4 it should be afforded the 7.5 ton trainweight of the other multipurpose vehicles so ok on the normal license. You could even go crewcab with small tray on the back. Probably worth rattling @Justme `s cage to check out the finer details.

WWW.MACHINES4U.COM.AU

Buy New 2017 Iveco 2017 Iveco Daily 55s17 4x4 2 Door Cab Chassis for sale by Thomas Bros Trucks - WAGGA WAGGA...

Bob

https://media.machines4u.com.au/machinery/67/420167/2017-Iveco-Daily-55s17-4x4-2-Door-Cab-Chassis_19638583.l.jpg

Edited by aspenarb
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Here you go J, downplate a 4x4 iveco, as your towing and not interested in the load carrying it easily comes in under the 3.5tons but with an 8 ton train weight. Being 4x4 it should be afforded the 7.5 ton trainweight of the other multipurpose vehicles so ok on the normal license. You could even go crewcab with small tray on the back. Probably worth rattling @Justme `s cage to check out the finer details.

WWW.MACHINES4U.COM.AU

Buy New 2017 Iveco 2017 Iveco Daily 55s17 4x4 2 Door Cab Chassis for sale by Thomas Bros Trucks - WAGGA WAGGA...

Bob

https://media.machines4u.com.au/machinery/67/420167/2017-Iveco-Daily-55s17-4x4-2-Door-Cab-Chassis_19638583.l.jpg

Lovely trucks, and I have spoken to Iveco about them.

Not the same class though, in terms of being a compact 4x4 along the lines of a Landrover Defender 90. The Iveco has the same footprint as the Sprinter.

20 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

WWW.MACHINES4U.COM.AU

Bob

You wont get 7500kg GTW on a post 19-01-2013 BE licence. Its 7000kg.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Big J said:

Lovely trucks, and I have spoken to Iveco about them.

Not the same class though, in terms of being a compact 4x4 along the lines of a Landrover Defender 90. The Iveco has the same footprint as the Sprinter.

That’s pretty much why I ended up going with the swb  Delica, comfy,tows well and with all the seats ripped out makes a good sized van.

Bob

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

That’s pretty much why I ended up going with the swb  Delica, comfy,tows well and with all the seats ripped out makes a good sized van.

Bob

It's just frustrating really. The Delicas look lovely, but they're underpowered for the hills around here. For instance, my present route to work is only 18-20 minutes, but involves climbing a 400ft hill, descending 300ft, then climbing another 400ft, descending 500ft, then climbing a 500ft hill then descending 400ft. Steepest incline 25%. Stick a trailer on and you'll understand the requirement for BHP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big J said:

It's just frustrating really. The Delicas look lovely, but they're underpowered for the hills around here. For instance, my present route to work is only 18-20 minutes, but involves climbing a 400ft hill, descending 300ft, then climbing another 400ft, descending 500ft, then climbing a 500ft hill then descending 400ft. Steepest incline 25%. Stick a trailer on and you'll understand the requirement for BHP.

Big HP is not needed with a 4x4 J, on hills like that and there are plenty around here I knock it down into low range. In low range it can still do about 40mph.

Bob

• Like 1

Just now, aspenarb said:

Big HP is not needed with a 4x4 J, on hills like that and there are plenty around here I knock it down into low range. In low range it can still do about 40mph.

Bob

I'm not interested in trundling up hills at walking pace - it's the 21st century man! The aforementioned 25% hill reduces me to second gear and 20mph when towing the forwarder and that has 160bhp

• Haha 1