Gap in the market?

Big J

5 hours ago, AHPP said:

Short wheelbase Transits are pretty small and manoeuvrable

Found on Google from collectionbox.com.au

Down side is most small transits cant tow much weight.

]

The 280 range a paltry 800kg & the 250 1000kg.

You'll have to make a Frankenstein motor.
Defender chassis,
Cummins 6 litre diesel
Whatever body which you can fit into.
Loads of grunt and will pull a small artic.
Could probably get the machine of your dreams hand built for under 20k.
(Up north)[emoji12]
[emoji106]

• Like 1

You'll have to make a Frankenstein motor.
Defender chassis,
Cummins 6 litre diesel
Whatever body which you can fit into.
Loads of grunt and will pull a small artic.
Could probably get the machine of your dreams hand built for under 20k.
(Up north)[emoji12]
[emoji106]

Stick a berlingo on the chassis[emoji12]
If you did have an off road vehicle made for you, be easy to get it ag registered...
No mot, no tax and red diesel...
Might even be able to put a much heavier trailer 5/7/10 ton?
[emoji106]

21 hours ago, Big J said:

Old ones are now very expensive on account of new ones being purchased by posers. 

We had one and it was shit. Got stuck in a flat field with an empty trailer on the back. Built like a brick out house but failed it's first MOT. Got replaced with a Defender which was much better

J dont be one of those incomers who then moans about our countryside and lanes. Some of us have had to except the compromises you make living here all our lives ?

Edited by Woodworks
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

J dont be one of those incomers who then moans about our countryside and lanes. Some of us have had to except the compromises you make living here all our lives ?

Haha! It's just like stepping back into the 19th century. I can imagine men with top hats engaging in protracted and heated manoeuvres trying to wiggle stage coaches past each other on the lanes and in 200 years no one has done anything to improve the roads at all!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big J said:

Haha! It's just like stepping back into the 19th century. I can imagine men with top hats engaging in protracted and heated manoeuvres trying to wiggle stage coaches past each other on the lanes and in 200 years no one has done anything to improve the roads at all!

They never needed improving. Horses were fine as were Defenders but it's a bit of a problem now they no longer make Defenders not that you could have ever fitted in one. I had the seat right back on ours and I am short ass at 5' 10". 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

They never needed improving. Horses were fine as were Defenders but it's a bit of a problem now they no longer make Defenders not that you could have ever fitted in one. I had the seat right back on ours and I am short ass at 5' 10". 

I was just saying to Kathryn the other day that following an old (W124) Mercedes E class in the New Forest, it was smaller in width and height than the new Vauxhall Astra it was following. And then Autocar had an article on that exact topic the next day.

I'm inclined to get an older car like a first generation Volvo V70 as a school run run-around as it's 10cm narrower than our Citroen C4 Grand Picasso people carrier. My wife (and then my father in law yesterday) seem to continuously scratch it on the lanes, which is really frustrating.

Edited by Big J

8 minutes ago, Big J said:

I was just saying to Kathryn the other day that following an old (W124) Mercedes E class in the New Forest, it was smaller in width and height than the new Vauxhall Astra it was following. And then Autocar had an article on that exact topic the next day.

I'm inclined to get an older car like a first generation Volvo V70 as a school run run-around as it's 10cm narrower than our Citroen C4 Grand Picasso people carrier. My wife (and then my father in law yesterday) seem to continuously scratch it on the lanes, which is really frustrating.

It's why I went with older Hilux. It was the narrowest pickup but had the same load size due to being slightly longer which is much less of a problem. Many modern cars are generally far too wide yet often seem to gain little inside.

• Like 2