Registering a business

trigger_andy

2 hours ago, topchippyles said:

You are far better off doing that way andy which is what i do and it makes no difference if vat registered or not,Your turn over will not get near the vat threshhold  as you have a full time job to.

Cheers Les,

no, I cant see me making much if any money, I simply do not have the time. It was just an means to an end to get the trailer. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Andy work on the rigs most of the time and his saw is when he is off for a couple of weeks a time

Been a busy year for me off-shore. Doing some over time right now so after this two week hitch I'll be right back for another 4 week work period. ?

But a bunch of mates wood to mill too, about 10 ton of Oak and a bunch of Softwood. Would be great if I had the Trailer now, Dump it at their house and tell them to crack on. :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Been a busy year for me off-shore. Doing some over time right now so after this two week hitch I'll be right back for another 4 week work period. ?

But a bunch of mates wood to mill too, about 10 ton of Oak and a bunch of Softwood. Would be great if I had the Trailer now, Dump it at their house and tell them to crack on. :D 

All good this come to those who wait. :congrats:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, that seems to be the case after another email from them today. A 0% Credit Card might be the way to go. Its for the Logosol Trailer Package and its eye wateringly  expensive. Inc VAT and Delivery from Germany its close to £4000. But as I have a Generation 1 Mill I'd need a whole new bed to go with it. :(

I’m pretty sure even if you had to pay someone Andy you could get a trailer made for near as damn it half that price. Might be worth taking a look around and see what fabrication outfits are nearby, if they have the existing bed to work off then things are much easier.  Chances are you would end up with a far better more robust product in the end. I know time is always an issue when your offshore etc one way for a guaranteed head nipping is to spend your leave doing shit like working on a trailer build ??

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I’m pretty sure even if you had to pay someone Andy you could get a trailer made for near as damn it half that price. Might be worth taking a look around and see what fabrication outfits are nearby, if they have the existing bed to work off then things are much easier.  Chances are you would end up with a far better more robust product in the end. I know time is always an issue when your offshore etc one way for a guaranteed head nipping is to spend your leave doing shit like working on a trailer build ??

Talking good sense but i think andy has his mind made up.Only reason i can say is when andy decided to go for the saw he wanted we talked via pm and i still think he chose correct.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Yes, at £4000 Im sure I could get it built much cheaper and stronger than the Logosol offering. But they are being made in Germany and I assume they will be well engineered. I'll see how things pan out and take your advice and ask the local outfits and see what they can do. 

Yeh, with a 8 week old and a 19 month old and being off-shore for 4 of the last 8 weeks Im not allowed nay projects when Im home on Friday. I'll only get re-set time off though and will be available for another 4 weeks of work in Norway. :( But it was mu choice to work OT.

5 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Talking good sense but i think andy has his mind made up.Only reason i can say is when andy decided to go for the saw he wanted we talked via pm and i still think he chose correct.

Mind not 100% made-up, but I would like the specific Trailer package for the Mill. 

To be honest I dont like the Bed on the Logosol that much, seems to flimsy for my liking, although I cant fault the accuracy of the cut. But the Trailer Package does away with the Bed completely and replaces it with the B1001 style Bed which is very very robust, hence why the Trailer Package is so expensive. 

If someone could replicate Johnsons Trailer he build for his 130 for my Logosol Id be a happy man. :)

Cant fault Logosols warranty though. One of the Blade Guides came apart from the Bearings so they are sending two new replacements out. The Blade Cover has some peeling paint on it and some signs the welds are cracking, when I mentioned this they said they'd also replace that as well. All shipped from Sweden. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1