Tipper insurance

Mark Bolam

I think for a transit its not that bad, i was paying near £600 for a transit 10 years ago, then bought my cabstar and was paying about £165 for that and when renewed early this year it just broke the £200 mark at £208, i think transits are dear to insure because they are easy to nick, and when broke up the parts are easy to sell,with the amount of transits that nicked someone has to pay, and it wont be the insurance company,it will be you ,postcode has a big part to play as well, i use a company called willsons in manchester been very good but never had a claim, 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Essex said:

I’ve got a 54 plate 3.5t Mercedes tipper and an 08 hilux insured for business use with Aviva. Full ncd, fully comp, 10k miles a year per vehicle. Paid around £540.

Bugger! 66 plate master tipper and a 60 plate ford ranger. Me and my dad on insurance 1600 off quidi thi k it was last year with Aviva. 10yrs on one and 8 NCB on other. 8k miles each 

• Like 1

Just changed to McClarrons Ltd

11 King St, Richmond DL10 4HR

For our fleet insurance which has saved me nearly a grand on having everything separated and apart from the cherrypicker everything is any UK driver with no disclosure apart from drink drive offences or over 9 points also added the digger to it as gives road risk as works on highway and one of our clients insisted on it but actually cheaper than it being on the plant policy. Worth a call, ask for Stuart savage.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dumper said:

I have nfu on my vans and trucks easy to deal with when it comes to claim and they pay out, how much is that worth, £600 is fifty pounds a month £12.50 a week less than £2.50 for a working day I don’t think that’s expensive

I get it if I had a smart truck mate, but I haven’t.

NFU have a good reputation but they are charging for stuff I don’t need, like audio cover.

The Tranny came with a cassette deck!

When I upgrade to a nice truck I’ll be calling them again.

My contact there was highly professional and totally got where I was coming from.