File for square chain

woodstock

Where is there a supplier for a double bevel flat file in the UK, i have seen save edge and oregon but this stuff comes from the US and a double bevel file in the UK i cannot find !

This is the first time i have used a square chain so the filing should be interesting.

Many thanks

27 minutes ago, woodstock said:

Where is there a supplier for a double bevel flat file in the UK, i have seen save edge and oregon but this stuff comes from the US and a double bevel file in the UK i cannot find !

This is the first time i have used a square chain so the filing should be interesting.

Many thanks

Don't forget to file from the outside in ( opposite to round ground chain ) .

By square chain do you mean full chisel? If so there is no need for a square file on it. If it's for racing and you do need to file square I would have thought Doug at the link below should be able to help as he is involved in tuning and racing saws. 

Edit. Removed link as it turns out they dont sell flat files as their racing chains are sharpened with a round file

Edited by Woodworks

14 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

By square chain do you mean full chisel? If so there is no need for a square file on it. If it's for racing and you do need to file square I would have thought Doug at the link below should be able to help as he is involved in tuning and racing saws.

I think he means square ground full chiz as opposed to round ground full chiz  as he mentioned the bevel shaped file .

Its for felling . The chain is Oregon square tooth  chisel  as far as i can tell although i have seen it described as a square tooth round ground. There is a definite 90 degrees to the top and back of the tooth , no radius and no chamfer.

The gullet is curved / rounded.

I,m going to have to find the original packing it came in !

There,s a lot of different terminology out there.

I previously had used the round tooth round ground but thought i would try something else .

Its on a Husqvarna 235 so nothing fancy .