Wooden sink

gobbypunk

DSC_0296.jpegDSC_0297.jpeg

Not quite a wooden sink but just milled this out a big lump of ash I've had sat in the yard for about 5 years for a sink to sit on as a floating shelf in our new bathroom, going to fill all the little holes with a blue resin then put some sort of seal over to protect it, not sure what yet.

• Like 1

Hi that ash will look ace I have some Prussian Blue resin tint if you want a few drops I can put it in a tiny jar and post no worries 

That'd be brilliant, never had anything to do with resin yet so planning on doing some research into it so any advice welcome.
Going to make brackets like this to hold it and towel hanger to match.

Don't know why but pictures won't attach properly

PIN.IT

Discover recipes, home ideas, style inspiration and other ideas to try.

PIN.IT

Preserve the Beauty of Raw or Rusted Steel & Iron Surfaces: I see many ibles made with black pipe here but rarely do they mention any coatings to prevent rusting. I also often build with rusty items where I need to cover the rust so it won't rub of on clothes etc. but don't want to lose the beauty of the p...

On 05/08/2019 at 10:39, se7enthdevil said:

i do have a large bit of catalpa that i've been holding on to for years for just such a purpose.

i'm going down to the container today so i'll see if there are any other large roughed out bowls that would do the job too. i know there are a couple of large walnut suckers down there but i'm not sure if they are right for the job?

5.JPG

6.JPG

8.JPG

4.JPG

They look lovely! I really need to keep you in mind for things like this. :D What the biggest bowl you do?