Which Forst Chipper

Leicester Tree Care

Forst want £242 for a pair of blades. I thought that was a bit excessive so posted here to see if anyone has any.

If not I will have some made.

So let me get this straight, you have just paid out say 15k on a machine but don’t want to pay 250 quid for one of the most important bits of the machine!

I doubt your warranty would be honoured is damage was caused by blade failure from non gen blades!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leicester Tree Care said:

Forst want £242 for a pair of blades. I thought that was a bit excessive so posted here to see if anyone has any.

If not I will have some made.

As bad an idea as it may be to have a set of blades made, £242 is daylight robbery. Bandit blades are huge compared to forst and there no where near that price. 

• Like 1

I would stick with genuine blades, what happens if god forbid one comes off and hits someone? We had a tracked Jensen in a few years ago that took a blade out, it went straight through the hydraulic tank, out the machine and kept on going. 

Their warranty T's & C's are copied below.

Warranty:

• A 3 year or 1000 operating hours (whichever occurs first) guarantee

Restrictions:

• Genuine Forst parts must be used during the warranty period – failure to do so will invalidate the warranty
  • Service and maintenance must be carried out as stated in the user manual
  • Bearings are restricted to 700 hours or 3 years which comes first
  • Wearing parts are excluded such as blades, belts, anvils, tyres, brakes, lights, hitch, feed rollers and paintwork
  • XR8 Track base restricted to 1 year warranty
Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Leicester Tree Care said:

Hi, yes got my new 500i Stihl with the new chipper..all is great.

Does anyone sell chipper blades for the Forst ST6D? 

I'm thinking of having some made.

Cheers 

Not sure if you appreciated the research and technology that goes into the metallurgy of wood chipper blades. It’s not simply a case of going to an engineer and having them cut a chunk of steel using your existing blades as a template 

• Like 3

242 quid for the blades?  Jeez that sucks. 

Sod that... Near enough same as old Jensen a530 blades and they were 160 plus vat a pair from recollection. Would have thought they be near same price. 

I have a few gen sets for the Jensen and a set from Saturn knives and they've been fine.

Just put a set of Saturn knives in the tw230 aswell...