Which Forst Chipper

Leicester Tree Care

It looks like the STD6 has the same engine as before but only producing 24 hp rather then 35 hp as before to comply with stage V emissions.

Is this done by putting a restrictor on the engine and is it possible to remove once the chipper has been brought.

Can't see how the new STD6 would be able to compete with the old ones with a drop in horse power.

It looks like the STD6 has the same engine as before but only producing 24 hp rather then 35 hp as before to comply with stage V emissions.

Is this done by putting a restrictor on the engine and is it possible to remove once the chipper has been brought.

Can't see how the new STD6 would be able to compete with the old ones with a drop in horse power.

It’s got no turbo like the old ones did have and they changed the gearing on the flywheel apparently.

1 minute ago, butters said:

It’s got no turbo like the old ones did have and they changed the gearing on the flywheel apparently.

I don't think the old ones had a turbo.

They used the turbo on the std8 to get 45hp out of the same engine.

I think Greenmech have gone down the route of having a heavier flywheel to produce more torque from a less powerful engine.

Wonder if forst have done the same with the fly wheel.

12 hours ago, Leicester Tree Care said:

Ive been using the Forst ST6D 25HP Demo machine for a week now and it is unbelievable.. It eats everything we throw at it.. My Greenmech was a 30HP petrol and could only do less than half the throughput that this ST6D does.. Very Impressed.

Obviously being a finance guy I've never chipped a branch in my life, but I do a lot of these chippers for clients and I've heard so many people say the same thing. It is an amazing chipper (or so I'm told...)

18 hours ago, Leicester Tree Care said:

Ive been using the Forst ST6D 25HP Demo machine for a week now and it is unbelievable.. It eats everything we throw at it.. My Greenmech was a 30HP petrol and could only do less than half the throughput that this ST6D does.. Very Impressed.

Have you tried the st6p? I'm curious if there's much difference

Hi, no not had the chance to compare side by side.. But this is why I started this thread..to try and see if anyone has any preferences before I decide which one to buy.. Anyway I have ordered a new ST6D.. I just can't not order it now,  it works so well and the Forst customer service is second to none..made me feel like a VIP. Collected and delivered machines saving me days and hundreds of miles in travelling.. Leant me the demo machine for a week to keep my business going. They can't do enough for you..I thoroughly recommend Forst and can't wait for my new machine to be delivered on Monday.

Cheers Forst ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester Tree Care said:

Hi, no not had the chance to compare side by side.. But this is why I started this thread..to try and see if anyone has any preferences before I decide which one to buy.. Anyway I have ordered a new ST6D.. I just can't not order it now,  it works so well and the Forst customer service is second to none..made me feel like a VIP. Collected and delivered machines saving me days and hundreds of miles in travelling.. Leant me the demo machine for a week to keep my business going. They can't do enough for you..I thoroughly recommend Forst and can't wait for my new machine to be delivered on Monday.

Cheers Forst ? 

Don't forget to get s stihl 500i off them as doing an offer for a free one if order a chipper this month! 

• 1 month later...
Hi, yes got my new 500i Stihl with the new chipper..all is great.
Does anyone sell chipper blades for the Forst ST6D? 
I'm thinking of having some made.
Cheers 

So you’ve just bought a brand new chipper and going to get some made? Why not just buy genuine blades from forst? One thing I wouldn’t use is patten knives!

Forst back up is fantastic, but you will need it!
  • Like 4