Which Forst Chipper

Leicester Tree Care

8 hours ago, jmac said:

Thanks @ForestryFinance. I have used both chippers so don't need a demo, both good chippers but I couldn't go back down to a 6inch chipper ?. Do you know the price of a safetrack 1928? Cheers.

Retail of a new SafeTrak 19-28 MK2 is £37,995 ex vat. Your local dealer would be able to give you a net buying price to the spec you require ie working lights, winch, etc.

Remember on rail work, the SafeTrak models is the ONLY approved tracked chipper on the market by Network Rail. :)

We have a refurbed 2009 SafeTrak 19-28 for sale at the moment, new flywheel bearings, track idler bearings x8, new round chute conversion, one brand new track motor, serviced, new flywheel /pump belts and multiple panels re powder coated by GreenMech. All for under £10k ex vat... 

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jmac said:

Thanks @ForestryFinance. I have used both chippers so don't need a demo, both good chippers but I couldn't go back down to a 6inch chipper ?. Do you know the price of a safetrack 1928? Cheers.

Fair enough, TR8 it is then! Great machine. 

Give me a shout or PM me or whatever if you want to go ahead.

Hi @Leicester Tree Care, have you considered a Timberwolf TW 230 DHB as an alternative to the Forst ST6D? They are both 6 inch diesel wood chippers but the TW 230DHB is sub 750kg which means anyone on your team can tow it without the need for an additional trailer licence. It also has a 35hp Kubota engine compared to the 24hp engine in the Forst.

Here’s more information about the TW 230DHB :

TIMBERWOLF-UK.COM

Timberwolf TW 230DHB Sub 750kg wood chipper. Spec for spec, no other make of wood chipper can offer you so much performance, serviceability and longevity

We would be happy to arrange a demo for you with your local Timberwolf dealer K Irvine Plant.

If you have any questions about stage V engine legislation take a look at 'All the Facts' here:

TIMBERWOLF-UK.COM

Stage V engine emission legislation will be introduced in January 2019 and we want to set out the facts about what it means for the users of wood chippers.

• Like 1