Aubrey

aubrey

19 minutes ago, aubrey said:

Anyone experienced running problems with the 201t

starts great but once warm wont rev up tried all the usual fixs changed carb same problem?

Fuel solenoid seems to be a common problem . 

1 minute ago, aubrey said:

Its the 201T dosnt have a solenoid

Have you checked compression ?  Some saws will start and run until up to temp then the clearances open up to the point were it wont support combustion .  If its " nipped up " in the past it could be that . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stubby said:

Have you checked compression ?  Some saws will start and run until up to temp then the clearances open up to the point were it wont support combustion .  If its " nipped up " in the past it could be that . 

I'm assuming from the description (starts great but once warm won't rev up) that the saw will idle, but won't rev.   Usually with compression problems they will run at higher speeds ok, but fade to nothing when you get anywhere near idle.  

23 minutes ago, lurkalot said:

I'm assuming from the description (starts great but once warm won't rev up) that the saw will idle, but won't rev.   Usually with compression problems they will run at higher speeds ok, but fade to nothing when you get anywhere near idle.  

With low comp I have found they will start from cold and run till they warm up then die when up to temp .  They wont restart till cooled down again when clearance between bore and piston have closed again . 

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:54, Stubby said:

With low comp I have found they will start from cold and run till they warm up then die when up to temp

I agree. But this normally only happens at the idle end of the scale rather than the high rev range,   If it idles ok hot or cold, but won't rev then it's something else.  Is what I was saying.

You would be better off asking if anyone has a 201T that works OK rather than what you asked.

The 201T was never a good saw and has now had a few modifications from the manufacturer. What year is it? I would suspect one of the early ones around 2013 as they were dire.

In the early days, a hole in the muffler was the best solution although there are a number of other things you can do to get them working well.

If it is an early one you can get an " enhancement kit " . Stihl  sold it I think as a stop gap until the newer version came out . Can't remember everything in the kit but I think there was a fly wheel and an ignition unit and some other bits . It made a difference though .