Jack.P

Aspen vs unleaded

Slob that I am,( and despite trying to persuade/motivate/encourage staff to drain the multitude of strimmers and push mowers at the end of the season)

I have only very rarely run the 026 (bought in 1997) dry before parking her up, for up to 3 or 4 months, perhaps 6 months bytimes.

Only changed a couple plugs too in all those years.

And still she starts and runs.

I also leave the mix sitting for months, like all the while the saw is unused.

But I use the red Stihl oil and am very particular about the 50:1 ratio.

And in this case my light usage should make stale fuel problems more likely.

But I never experienced any issues, well perhaps the once to be honest, but it cured itself.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

And if there is any gum/Varnish issues Seafoam is the way forward. Cracking stuff. Awesome if you have cars/anything with Carbs.

A car carb doesnt have the little rubber diaphragms, often its these are knackered by stale fuel. The good thing now is Stihl, Echo, Husky pro models Chinese carbs for 6 to 15 quid delivered and job done. V 90 for oem. Bet the manufacturers are sick losing all that dosh to the Chinese

2 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

A car carb doesnt have the little rubber diaphragms,

Mine has three Diaphrams, I dont know much about UK cars but all V8's Ive dealt with have at least 1. Plus all the o-rings etc

download.jpg

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Mine has three Diaphrams, I dont know much about UK cars but all V8's Ive dealt with have at least 1. Plus all the o-rings etc

download.jpg

4 barrel Holley ?

• Like 1

Just now, Stubby said:

4 barrel Holley ?

Dang! Yip, 750 double pumper! Thankfully I dont need to pay road tax or get an MOT anymore so my lead foot can stay on the floor and the Holley can keep drinking like its free fuel. :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

download.jpg

I stand corrected. Looks fiddly. Maybe a lazy muscle car owner would just order a chinese copy carb

It's not good being wrong on the internet, potentially 7 billion people now know I didn't know what I was talking about, not suicidal about it, but not happy, will have to thoroughy research each post in future, even if it takes 2 weeks

6 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

I stand corrected. Looks fiddly. Maybe a lazy muscle car owner would just order a chinese copy carb

They're coming slowly but they are trash and the uptake is very slow. Their not cheap either. Interesting to rebuild yes. :D 

7 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

It's not good being wrong on the internet, potentially 7 billion people now know I didn't know what I was talking about, not suicidal about it, but not happy, will have to thoroughy research each post in future, even if it takes 2 weeks

Don't worry Bud . Vesp did it all the time ..😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2