Aspen vs unleaded

Jack.P

55 minutes ago, Stere said:

Im interested in that strimmer also but dunno if its gor the KW power for a blade for blackthorn etc  as its less power on spec than the 2 stroke husky or stihls...

Don't be guided to much by the power specs of the MM4 motors in my opinion....they really do perform very strongly all through the rpm range... You have a very good spread of torque and power with these true 4 stroke motors.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2019 at 09:48, Aspen@AAOIL said:

Hi Stoke wood

Whilst nothing concrete came about from the meeting, the people i met with did seem much more interested than the people in the same position which i met with 3 years ago. They agree that it is odd that red diesel duty is subsidised but Aspen which has health benefits and should be encouraged does not. Until a brexit outcome is decided, we appear to be in somewhat of a deadlock however as there is a strong reluctance to make any changes in policy until we know the outcome.

The fight continues and we certainly wont give up on this!

If The Treasury knock the duty off Aspen will the price drop so it's cheaper than pump mix?

2 hours ago, Commando said:

Thx Sawchip, machine ordered from Radmore & Tucker’s. PDI today and pick up on Mon.
I have always used the Oregon 2 tooth Mulching blade, chap at R&T said they don’t recommend as they trash the gear drive!

Agree with that as shock loading can be a issue , you could look into the Oregon triple mulching blade for a more balanced load. 

• Like 1

Intrested to hear how does that Makita dolmor machine compare to middle range Stihl 

can it also still take a similar bump feed ?

I’ve had a couple of badly made  Stihl machines which were run on aspen from new and were only ok for first few months then after that waste of time and money trying to resolve problems .would not buy a Stihl Strimmer again but looking for suitable replacement which will last