Aspen vs unleaded

Jack.P

Just now, nepia said:

Not arguing with you - you're in Devon, I'm not - but I've just looked at the Aspen dealer locator for Devon and there 14 in the county, fairly evenly spread.

Worth a look?

I have used Aspen for a while but my local dealer does not have it now so I use the Husqvarna equivalent . How did I get into italics ? pressed something by accident .  

8 minutes ago, nepia said:

Not arguing with you - you're in Devon, I'm not - but I've just looked at the Aspen dealer locator for Devon and there are 14 in the county, fairly evenly spread.

Worth a look?

I do often check Apsen's dealer locator but I live in a fairly remote part of Devon. The town I tend to shop at had a dealer that stocked it but they seem to have closed. My largest village and next nearest town both have shops that stock motomix so I've started using that rather than Aspen as it's what I can get.

46 minutes ago, Paul in the woods said:

I do often check Apsen's dealer locator but I live in a fairly remote part of Devon. The town I tend to shop at had a dealer that stocked it but they seem to have closed. My largest village and next nearest town both have shops that stock motomix so I've started using that rather than Aspen as it's what I can get.

Fair enough - just trying to help a fellow Aspenator!

24 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

Yes when customers, or subbies notice my red Aspen can, they ask about cost, with the usual jaw dropping gasp of incredulity.

When I’m on my deathbed at least I won’t be thinking that I saved a few quid in my later years by using cancer inducing pump petrol.

Do you know many in the trade who are dying of cancer that can be directly linked to using pump fuel though? I dont know any and my Old Man was in the game since before I was born. Of course its not easy to tell as they all smoke/smoked like a Lum but then the question arises that if you smoke, drink, eat Bacon Butties, yada yada what do you gain other than some smug satisfaction Fuel Pump never got you but anyone of the other cancer inducing habits we all have did? 

Edited by trigger_andy

Used nothing but Aspen now for about three years and love it, I too hiss when a subbie comes near me with a 2 stroke saw as I now notice the fumes far more then before. When my 26 month 560 blew up they said they’d never seen such a cleanly burning saw before. One thing though, I have a husky 538 strimmer (or something) which I have run on aspen since new and I’ve had to have the fuel lines replaced, and now the fuel primer bubble has cracked and split. I can’t explain why as the saws and trimmers love it but the strimmer runs like a stihl (poorly) 

Well I’ve been pondering this subject for quite some time, having switched back to 2 stroke recently. I was in buying myself a nice new Mk2 550 yesterday and decided it wasn’t right to put anything other than Aspen in it. So I’ve switched back! Bought myself a dozen 5L bottles to keep me going for a while.

20 hours ago, deezyboy said:

Used nothing but Aspen now for about three years and love it, I too hiss when a subbie comes near me with a 2 stroke saw as I now notice the fumes far more then before. When my 26 month 560 blew up they said they’d never seen such a cleanly burning saw before. One thing though, I have a husky 538 strimmer (or something) which I have run on aspen since new and I’ve had to have the fuel lines replaced, and now the fuel primer bubble has cracked and split. I can’t explain why as the saws and trimmers love it but the strimmer runs like a stihl (poorly) 

Hi Deezy,

thanks for the great feedback!

about your strimmer, unfortunately there seems to be a huge variance in the quality of rubber used in machinery fuel systems. sometimes this can vary from batch to batch even. if they failed on Aspen, it is highly likely that they would have failed even sooner on regular fuel which is much more aggressive. If it doesn't run right after replacing these bits, i suggest you get it looked at by a dealer as it should run fine on Aspen :)

BR

Axel

• Like 2