Aspen vs unleaded

Jack.P

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

Actually - if yr moving large volumes of bio chip with its attendant mycelium fungal spores - smoking roll ups is good fr you as nicotine is a proven fungicide, mate n I were doing it fr 18 months ( I smoked n he did not ) his chest was terrible ! K

These people walk amongst us.

Moved over to Aspen about 5 years ago and never changed anything in the old saws, hedge trimmers or brushcutters, no problems arose.

It adds up for me about a £10 more per day, I just add it on the job or fell another tonne.

Its worth the money just so I don’t end up queuing at the petrol station in the mornings behind builders buying Costa coffees and people doing the weekly shop.

I really notice the difference using the hedge cutters at home, I used to reek of two stoke and strip off before going in the house.

Cant stand to pick up anyone else’s saw up at work now, two stroke really gets the back if my throat.

• Like 4

How about  4 stroke alot  more healthy than 2 stroke?

From the blurb:

Makita MM4 also delivers an astonishing 90% reduction in emission levels - only 10% of an equivalent 2-stroke engine.

Hows does that compare to reduced aspen 2 stroke emissions?

Downside in performance & weight though with 4 stroke....

On 23/08/2019 at 22:18, Stere said:

How about  4 stroke alot  more healthy than 2 stroke?

From the blurb:

Hows does that compare to reduced aspen 2 stroke emissions?

Downside in performance & weight though with 4 stroke....

4 stroke machines emit much less un-burnt fuel particles in the emission mix so 4-stroke emissions are much cleaner than 2-stroke emissions.

4-stroke emissions can still be improved by using Aspen 4 however.

i'm not sure what the performance is like on those makita machines but there is a reason why 2-stroke engines are so popular in these types of uses.

Edited by Aspen@AAOIL
  • Like 1

This thread makes very interesting reading and its great to see so many very positive comments on Aspen from those who use it and have felt the benefits first hand.

It is also quite interesting to see that the negative comments seem to be, on the whole, from people who have never used Aspen and have no actual experience of it.

After 9 years of selling Aspen fuel in ever increasing volume, I get literally thousands of users giving me feed back every time they come in for more. All of the feedback is extremely positive and it never ceases to amaze me how incredibly pleased these folk are that I introduced them to Aspen in the first place. 

When I introduce Aspen to a new customer there is always some degree of disbelief and a raised eyebrow about the price, but they usually give it a try on my recommendation. The next thing I know is that they are in my shop for more and telling complete strangers how good it is. The price really does not matter to them.

I also had a case just this week of a small, professional user who had run out of Aspen whilst hedgecutting and flatly refused to complete the work until he had a new supply of Aspen, even though he was working next to a filling station!

Very few Aspen users will ever willingly convert back to petrol.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, GardenKit said:

I also had a case just this week of a small, professional user who had run out of Aspen whilst hedgecutting and flatly refused to complete the work until he had a new supply of Aspen, even though he was working next to a filling station!

Funnily enough that's my main gripe about Aspen - availability still. My localish supplier seems to have closed so it's a special trip if I need some.

If only a petrol station, DIY shed or agri store down here stocked it.

1 hour ago, Aspen@AAOIL said:

4 stroke machines emit much less un-burnt fuel particles in the emission mix so 4-stroke emissions are much cleaner than 2-stroke emissions.

4-stroke emissions can still be improved by using Aspen 4 however.

i'm not sure what the performance is like on those makita machines but there is a reason why 2-stroke engines are so popular in these types of uses.

I can throw some light on both Makita MM4 engines and using aspen 4 in them.

I personally have a MM4 powered blower that I run on Aspen 4  that is used anything between ..1 and 3hrs a week depending on the time of yr as well as using it as a workshop /yard blower. The MM4 engines are by no means a heavy or underpowered alternative to a 2 stroke version and there fuel economy is better. This has a cost benefit when using aspen 4 due to using less fuel overall. 

I have several other customers who use the Makita /Dolmar   MM4 motors on blowers and brush cutters. They say that they are more than happy with the weight, power and torque from these motors along with the lack of exhaust fumes plus the fuel economy obtained.  

Edited by Sawchip

1 hour ago, Paul in the woods said:

Funnily enough that's my main gripe about Aspen - availability still. My localish supplier seems to have closed so it's a special trip if I need some.

This guy lives within a mile of us, so its not an issue. But he was working a couple of miles away and still left the job until the next morning after he had come into us at 7:30am for more Aspen. Would not consider using Petrol again.

7 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

Not arguing with you - you're in Devon, I'm not - but I've just looked at the Aspen dealer locator for Devon and there are 14 in the county, fairly evenly spread.

Worth a look?

Edited by nepia