Aspen vs unleaded

Jack.P

2 hours ago, nepia said:

It's not just the smell and the headaches that concerns me when you guys use pump fuel all the time.  Petrol contains benzene and derivatives of; do you know how carcinogenic those chemicals are, even the part-burnt ones?

Justify the cost of Aspen on grounds of your health - and that of others.  I wonder actually if there could one day be a court case brought by a cancer sufferer claiming that if their employer had fulfilled his duty to protect his staff better he would have supplied alkylate fuel or similar instead of pump fuel and that it is thus his fault that the claimant now has cancer (and thus now owes the claimant lots of money).

Don't be giving them ideas, claims culture is already bad enough.

Petrol fumes, pah! Try spending  the day enveloped in mog smoke! 

I remember reading years ago that there's additives put into petrol to make its smell evocative and appealing to us. It's more a marketing ploy than a natural smell, keeps us from going battery/electric that little bit longer. Then again, I don't believe everything I read. Anyone else come across this?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Conor Wright said:

Don't be giving them ideas, claims culture is already bad enough.

Petrol fumes, pah! Try spending  the day enveloped in mog smoke! 

I remember reading years ago that there's additives put into petrol to make its smell evocative and appealing to us. It's more a marketing ploy than a natural smell, keeps us from going battery/electric that little bit longer. Then again, I don't believe everything I read. Anyone else come across this?

..... Ahhh MogSmoke ? remember one yard in Midlands just blanketed when old U900 started up cold... Happy days ? k

I’ve run everything on Aspen for quite a while now.
My son in law hasn’t converted yet, and whilst putting in an appearance on one of his jobs the other day, I picked up his running hs45 to trim a few final whiskers of the hedge he’d cut, while he was tidying up, and after a minute or so I felt like some juvenile petrol sniffer, but rather than getting high I was nearly puking.
I’d forgotten the difference between pump and aspen.

• Like 3

Yeah a lot of people not prepared to pay the extra which is fair enough but they should at least try it first so they know the difference.I would say having run aspen for a while then back on normal briefly .it smells similar to burning rubber or plastic .still got the taste in my mouth .

• Like 1