Testing a switch.

Gerbutt

• 2 months later...

Hello again, I’ve fitted the new switch and it still doesn’t work! There are no warning lights up on the battery and the battery is fully charged. When you pull the trigger you can here a little click up near the motor but that only happens the first time, when you do it again there is silence. Any other ideas?

7 minutes ago, Gerbutt said:

Hello again, I’ve fitted the new switch and it still doesn’t work! There are no warning lights up on the battery and the battery is fully charged. When you pull the trigger you can here a little click up near the motor but that only happens the first time, when you do it again there is silence. Any other ideas?

Post a picture of the motor and everything around it.

What's the (what looks like red and black tape) for on the blade end of the housing?  Looks pretty dirty in the motor compartment, are the covers damaged?  It concerns me that there's no error code showing on the battery, normally they don't need much of an excuse to start flashing at you.

Yeah the plastic broke where the torx heads are so the tape was to hold it on until getting a new one. It’s clean sort from grease in there and everything moves smoothly. It’s just a bit of an eyesore!
When I’ve read about faults it does say there’s usually reds lights on. This one nothing lights up apart from when you press the button on the battery and then it say 4 green for fully charged!

3 hours ago, Gerbutt said:

Is there a way of testing it dude?

Firstly it's a capacitor, I don't think your meter tests capacitance, unless I've read it wrong. It'll be marked uf, wrong "u" but you'll see what I mean. It tells you what microfarad it should be.

Edited by eggsarascal