Stuff your old boss did/said..

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, Stubby said:

That was a hard winter that .

As my Dad informed me once.

The legendary winter of ‘63 began in December ‘62 and continued till February ‘63.

I was born in December ‘63, positively balmy by comparison.

But I’m sure you remember it well Stubs.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

FS1E!, the first "bike" my brother bought new, on the never, never. He used to take me all over on the back of the thing. I'd have to ask him to be sure, but I'm pretty sure he told me it was less than £200 new, seemed a fortune to him in the late seventies.

Yes around the £200 mark back then and it was a lot of money, a mate of mine Phil has recently bought one of a lad he knocked about with in the late 70s, the bike has about 350 miles on it from new and is as it was when put in a shed in 78 reason for the low miles is it was bought and ridden for just over a month then the owner at the time came off it on a corner with cow shit all over the road, original log book, hand book and the bill of sale and HP agreement, bill said £212 to pay,, Phil gave £300 for it BARGAIN,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I do . Road my push bike on the Chichester canal . Ice was about a foot thick .

I was actually referring to the star of Bethlehem appearing over Sussex and the wise men on ? making their way to Rudgwick ?

But yeah, pushbiking on the canal is good as well!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I was actually referring to the star of Bethlehem appearing over Sussex and the wise men on ? making their way to Rudgwick ?

Yea . That was in the evening , after push biking on the canal . ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yeah we all heard about those guys!

Often achieved down Bullshit Hill (a common enough place name all around the country)

No bullshit hill near us but if you knew what you was doing with them, yes they would do 60mph + with ease, a lot of people rant about ported saws being so much better than stock saws, so why cant a FS1E be made to greater speeds ? straight out the box a FS!E would do 56mph, several of us round here had them doing well in to the 60s, and one machine in particular would pull 72mph on the flat with a reasonable bit more down hill,

• Like 1

lads around my way ,tell me that they used to travel to dances on motorbikes,three lads on bike and pulling two more on push bikes.

Naturally they were drunk ,but all lived to tell the tale,i would of loved to have seen that outfit ,lights out and navigating by moonlight to avoid the fuzz.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spudulike said:

One fella at my school had some Italian thing called a Gitane, that would pull 70mph and was 50cc.

A little bit hot that bike was!

yep some of them italian 50s where fast one guy who knocked about with us had a malaguti not the best looking machine but for 50cc it was quick 70 + and if memory serves me right i think the exhaust split in to 2 and had one either side and i think it was 6 speed as well, a bit more refined than a fizzer but it kept breaking down,