Stuff your old boss did/said..

Mick Dempsey

First ever job at a local country estate caravan park. The manager was a legend in the area by the name of Mr Harker. 7 foot tall. Massive beard.
"Can you drive a tractor Christopher?"
"Yes Mr Harker,"
"Well take the fuckin handbrake off then!"
"You've been working here a year now Christopher. When you started I thought you were a good worker. Now I know you're fuckin shite!"

And he kicks me up the arse in a joking manner...And I go up three steps!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all the moans I have about my old boss, he never endangered me.

He did bore the tits off me repeating the same old stories ending with an explanation about how he was right and everyone else was wrong, A tradition I try to continue with the lucky sorts who work with me.

Strangely they seem to make every effort to avoid travelling to the job with me and  squeeze in the chip truck together no matter how much I assure them of how much they’ll learn listening to me talking about myself.

Ah the circle of life.
Guilty...
[emoji12][emoji23][emoji106]

My first job working in the council we were taking a Large Beech down with a crane. one resident went off on about how we shouldn't be killing trees and taking this one down was a great act of vandalsim. My boss at the time calmed them by reassuring them we were only taking it down temporarily so we could inspect inside the trunk for decay and it would be put back up tomorrow, hence the use of the crane to carefully dismantle and rebuild it... amazingly they bought it and walked of quite happy

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

My first job working in the council we were taking a Large Beech down with a crane. one resident went off on about how we shouldn't be killing trees and taking this one down was a great act of vandalsim. My boss at the time calmed them by reassuring them we were only taking it down temporarily so we could inspect inside the trunk for decay and it would be put back up tomorrow, hence the use of the crane to carefully dismantle and rebuild it... amazingly they bought it and walked of quite happy

Beautiful [emoji23][emoji106]

back in the late 70s worked in a saw mill cutting rails.posts and pointing posts etc ,and dare i say it we did over 8000 6x3 posts for the M55, one of the partners there was a right character, very broad lancs accent, very striaght forward with things but yet honest, when he asked me one day what i was going to do with all my money i said i was buying a moped Yamaha FS1E, he just looked at me and said oh, well if its got tyres or tits it will give you trouble, then another day he asked me if i had started wanking and how far i could shoot, all i can say that at that moment you could of lit a fag on my cheaks, then one monday morning he was asking me what i had done over the weekend and did i manage to get any bras or knickers off, then asked me about getting to 1st or 2nd base,the conversation at times was not a bit but very crude, but i now find myself doing things like this,its not long since i told 1 young lad we had a puncture on the digger, he replied will any thing go right today then at dinner he was shouting across the site, found it its got a nail stuck in the track, i just left it, day after i was telling him about tartan and comouflage paint and how it was just one colour when you put it on then it all seperated in to its tartan and camo colours, his dad rang me that eve and how is son had been telling him about this clever paint that was tartan or camo and how it worked, his dad just said, i was struggling to keep a straight face but i did and i showed interest,he just asked me to keep it up,

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

back in the late 70s worked in a saw mill cutting rails.posts and pointing posts etc ,and dare i say it we did over 8000 6x3 posts for the M55, one of the partners there was a right character, very broad lancs accent, very striaght forward with things but yet honest, when he asked me one day what i was going to do with all my money i said i was buying a moped Yamaha FS1E, he just looked at me and said oh, well if its got tyres or tits it will give you trouble, then another day he asked me if i had started wanking and how far i could shoot, all i can say that at that moment you could of lit a fag on my cheaks, then one monday morning he was asking me what i had done over the weekend and did i manage to get any bras or knickers off, then asked me about getting to 1st or 2nd base,the conversation at times was not a bit but very crude, but i now find myself doing things like this,its not long since i told 1 young lad we had a puncture on the digger, he replied will any thing go right today then at dinner he was shouting across the site, found it its got a nail stuck in the track, i just left it, day after i was telling him about tartan and comouflage paint and how it was just one colour when you put it on then it all seperated in to its tartan and camo colours, his dad rang me that eve and how is son had been telling him about this clever paint that was tartan or camo and how it worked, his dad just said, i was struggling to keep a straight face but i did and i showed interest,he just asked me to keep it up,

FS1E!, the first "bike" my brother bought new, on the never, never. He used to take me all over on the back of the thing. I'd have to ask him to be sure, but I'm pretty sure he told me it was less than £200 new, seemed a fortune to him in the late seventies.

• Like 1

FS1E!, the first "bike" my brother bought new, on the never, never. He used to take me all over on the back of the thing. I'd have to ask him to be sure, but I'm pretty sure he told me it was less than £200 new, seemed a fortune to him in the late seventies.

Mate of mine used to mess about with fizzers before he moved on to RD’s etc, he reckoned he could derestrict them and they’d push on at just over 70mph! [emoji15][emoji15]

7 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Mate of mine used to mess about with fizzers before he moved on to RD’s etc, he reckoned he could derestrict them and they’d push on at just over 70mph! emoji15.pngemoji15.png

Yeah we all heard about those guys!

Often achieved down Bullshit Hill (a common enough place name all around the country)

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 1