Bulk bag alternative

Jack.P

Anyone here have any ideas what can be used instead of bulk bags for green waste ? loading loose usually a faf

we seem to be getting  through around 70-100 a year and finding that they can only be used around 4 -5 times max before being useless and seems very wasteful throwing them away .have inquired about ordering stronger reinforced ones but so far companies I’ve asked weren’t that helpful .some just said there not designed for it / single use etc 

we are mostly using them for grass and hedge clippings.(bigger stuff and wood chip taken loose)

Thanks.

To only get 4 or 5 uses out of them, what are you doing to them?

Are you loading them with logs then dragging their arse across tarmac? Are they being handled by machinery?

I've some bags that will have been used dozens and dozens and dozens of times, and they're still going.

I imagine storing them in direct sunlight (UV) will shorten their life.

Something else you could try would be wheelie bins.

• Like 1

They are typically filled up with grass or hedge cuttings sometimes just leaves then dragged back through the Garden /path  to the trailer then dragged out again when dumping .sometimes prickly stuff like holly will go in there which doesn’t help.I was going to order another 100 this afternoon but trying to find an alternative .as soon as the bag has a sizeable hole then the rubbish just comes out in the clients garden when pulling them .smaller purpose made garden waste bags I have found to be much too small and a waste of time 

Or keep a couple on the truck, half fill the ones in the garden, carry them out and decant into the trucked ones; saves lifting/moving full bags but still uses them to capacity.  Back at base gravity works for you when you unload.

I have several half sized dumpy bags that apparently had sand in them.  They're brilliant for single person working and really easy to decant into full sized bags.