Boris is the next man

eggsarascal

5 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I thought the only thing proven was that it was an untruth, therefore a lie.

i must admit though I lost touch with UK politics a while back...

Dont let facts taint daves rose coloured glasses now.

It was on a bus

Boris and Farage said it

It must be true

Oh and it was judged  thusly

"Lying about statistics is not misconduct"

Edited by stihlmadasever

13 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

The Bus...the Bus...so many people still butthurt about the Bus. See it on interviews all the time, when their argument against democracy fails, they dredge up the Bus again. 

Tell me about democracy, the majority of those that were eligible, and could be bothered to vote voted to leave the EU, Is that not democracy?, or do we want democracy that suits us some of the time?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I thought the only thing proven was that it was an untruth, therefore a lie.

i must admit though I lost touch with UK politics a while back...

You need to be careful, Rich. It would be a shame for an unfounded accusation of one lie to mar an otherwise spotless record, mate.

• Haha 3

One good thing though..
No more union for us jocks..
Bye bye, were offski !

Can’t quite get my head around needing so called Independence from Westminster but to remain in the EU. To my mind that would be anything but so called independence....
Maybe a it’s just an anti-English thing or needing the assurance of being one of the 27 because your scared and know you your country as a truly independent country would struggle.

And to base your argument on possible carbon revenues when every civilised country is trying to get away from such usage is the argument of simpletons.

Is it really a generation since 2014, and wasn’t there a promise to respect that first attempt at such a vote for that period of time?[emoji12]
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Baldbloke said:

Maybe a it’s just an anti-English thin

Its not.

Scotland has voted differently from England for decades.

We want total self governance.

1 hour ago, Baldbloke said:

And to base your argument on possible carbon revenues when every civilised country is trying to get away from such usage is the argument of simpletons.

Top 10 tens companies in the world how many are oil?

3 exxon,shell and cnpc.

So it looks like oil will be around for a long time yet,especially when trump and the Chinese have no qualms in inceasing production.

Scotland also leads the way in renewable energy  manufacturing.

Our wind and wave power is ahead of any other nation in europe.

Our top industries are banking and financing,computing,tourism fishing,agriculture,whisky and of course oil and gas.

We have alot more than oil up our kilts...but what do i know im just a simpleton.....?

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Its not.

3 exxon,shell and cnpc.

So it looks like oil will be around for a long time yet,especially when trump and the Chinese have no qualms in inceasing production.

Our top industries are banking and financing,computing,tourism fishing,agriculture,whisky and of course oil and gas.

We have alot more than oil up our kilts...but what do i know im just a simpleton.....?

I would defo say the simpleton argument is not really valid but a few more summers like this and even trump and co are gonna have to sit up and take notice. The renewable energy thing is great but take a look at where the profit actually goes and where all these companies are based or owned it’s not quite as simple to say Scotland leads the way etc etc. Take a trip around north Germany Holland or Denmark onshore and offshore and you will see who is pushing the wind energy thing, mind you it’s the same there  private companies chasing the profit.You will also find the sentiment in the north of England in regards to Westminster is not much different to that of Scotland but I will always believe that more division is not the answer. Especially to then dive head long  into the most corrupt undemocratic corporate friendly organisation ever seen in Europe. The main stumbling point for me would always be the SNP the prospect of an independent Scotland with sturgeon and co in total control is a terrible one especially for anyone working hard and earning a few quid as they are seen as a legitimate target to be absolutely hammered by punitive taxation and as for state control, remember the business of every child having an appointed person or whatever it was put in place by the state WTF was that if not state interference. 

Was it not that long ago they referred to anyone earning over 43430 as rich !!!. And are we not paying more than a guy over the border earning the same wage. The upper thresholds have not kept up at all with earnings etc. Time will tell if boris will follow through with the promise of raising the English one to the suggested figure of £70-80 thousand. That will be a difficult one for the SNP to justify when In the previous budgets  they did not pass on the increased limit put in place in England. 

The changes required across the board are monumental and I think none of the current mainstream parties really have a clue or the balls to get anywhere near to doing anything about it. 

Edited by Johnsond
Grammar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Its not.

3 exxon,shell and cnpc.

You fool, didn’t you listen to a word Vespasian told us? Your oil will be all gone in 6 years time max 

• Haha 2