Boris is the next man

eggsarascal

18 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Been through this already...short answer is yes we can afford to go it alone.

Putting 900 billion in to the treasury since 2001 and getting 475 billion back in "subsidy" tells its own story.

Ukgov figures by the way.

Ask yourself this question

If Scotland is such a leech on the UK treasury why have the last countless PM's been so determind to keep us in the union....

The answer lies in this.

The day before Donald Deware was due to take charge of Scotland as first minister with a devolved parliment he allowed tony blair to take control of all the southerly oil rigs in the north sea,

7 rigs i recall,

changing the maritime border.

Blair was under the impression that after a couple of years of devolution the scots would become sovereign and he needed a guarentee of a definate oil revenue to sustain the economy.

Its all about the oil

If we were just mars bars fryers and haggis chompers we would have been set adrift in the 70's.

Look at the McCrone report which was buried by the british Pm in the 70's for fear if the scots becoming independent.

You are totally missing the point ref the oil revenues. The cost of getting to the point of generating revenue is prohibitive for most administrations to even attempt. Yes I’d agree and say the last god knows how many years have been a disaster in regards the waste of a national asset. Regarding independent myself I’m a staunch unionist through and through, I live in Aberdeenshire but am from England married to a Scots with kids up here !!! The prospect of an SNP/Green supported governed independent Scotland is not a good one for most hard working people who just want to get on in life. You only need to take a look at the devolved taxation in Scotland v the rest of the uk to see what route things would go. Originally I’m from a former mining community in the north east so have no love for Westminster or any doubts as to where the priorities lie etc. Scotland leaving one union to have to jump through a multitude of hoops to get into another totally non democratic one ??. To tell truth I’ve had a tits full of politicians, referendums and various bloody elections. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Im in!!

You bring the pitch forks,

I ll bring the sarnies and tea...

Corned beef and pickle ok?

Sounds good to me, could you bring some muscle with you?, I'm one of the founder members of the Royal Standbacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

But... doesn't that prove there was no need to leave the EU to put the extra £350 million into the NHS?  After all that's one of the reasons Boris used.

But thats a separate argument, remoaners claimed it was a ridiculous suggestion, which as its now happen, cannot be true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Except It wasn't a lie, as proved in a recent court case.

I thought the only thing proven was that it was an untruth, therefore a lie.

i must admit though I lost touch with UK politics a while back...

8 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

This one ?

Thats not an arguement its a question

6 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Posted a link previously, CBA to do  again, google is your friend, I'm not.?

I didnt see a link,but if you cant be arsed backing up your points with credible proof your not at all convincing.

17 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Why?

Am I not entitled  my view? 

Who put you in charge?

Yes you are

No steve bullman is

Your being prickly and over sensative again dave...