Boris is the next man

eggsarascal

24 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Hang on fella, he's a tw*t imo. I do not think he's fit for the job, do you really want us/you to break away from our union, I certainly don't.

I do eggs, and the last 3 polls up here have seen a massive increase in scots who want a sovereign Scotland.

Polls averaging about the 60-65% pro indy at the moment.

Remember scots overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU.

Hard brexit coupled with bojo and co with a massive reduction in devolved powers will see the union split.

Cant come quick enough for me.

Self govern is the only way Scotland will move forward.

Anyway think of all that lovely money the treasury will save if it doesnt have to subsidise us mars bars frying loons....

If you believe that....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

I do eggs, and the last 3 polls up here have seen a massive increase in scots who want a sovereign Scotland.

Hard brexit coupled with bojo and co with a massive reduction in devolved powers will see the union split.

Anyway think of all that lovely money the treasury will save if it doesnt have to subsidise us mars bars frying loons....

If you believe that....

Fair enough, some of us don't belief you are fried mars bar munchers, a bit thick but not that thick you'd fry chocolate..

I'm lost with it all mate.

But can deep fried Mars Bars be the basis of a stable independant currency?

P.S.

My mother was not impressed with Bojo becoming PM, until I mentioned how SF heartily disliked him and his appointment, after brief reflection she then concluded that Boris might just be all right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Yeah cause that makes him a decent person,fantastic politician and a prime minister fit to lead a country thats currently drowning in the shit.

One good thing though..

No more union for us jocks..

Bye bye, were offski !

My takeaway from the cycling thing says he's his own man. He got stick for it, didn't he? Showing up the hipocracy of his peers, with their taxpayer funded mercs, re. air pollution. But he didn't care, kept right on pedalling. That tells me he's not a moral wimp, at least, whatever else he may or may not be. And he was a good enough Lord mayor wasn't he? I don't know, I'm no expert. Surely better than his sucsessor. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, difflock said:

But can deep fried Mars Bars be the basis of a stable independant currenc

Been through this already...short answer is yes we can afford to go it alone.

Putting 900 billion in to the treasury since 2001 and getting 475 billion back in "subsidy" tells its own story.

Ukgov figures by the way.

Ask yourself this question

If Scotland is such a leech on the UK treasury why have the last countless PM's been so determind to keep us in the union....

The answer lies in this.

The day before Donald Deware was due to take charge of Scotland as first minister with a devolved parliment he allowed tony blair to take control of all the southerly oil rigs in the north sea,

7 rigs i recall,

changing the maritime border.

Blair was under the impression that after a couple of years of devolution the scots would become sovereign and he needed a guarentee of a definate oil revenue to sustain the economy.

Its all about the oil

If we were just mars bars fryers and haggis chompers we would have been set adrift in the 70's.

Look at the McCrone report which was buried by the british Pm in the 70's for fear if the scots becoming independent.

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

If you believe that....

I think it would be a crying shame if you did get independence,  but can understand why you do. You're correct that more Scots are moving position and wanting it now, possibly due to the mess created with Brexit and the majority in Scotland wanting to stay in Europe. My wife is fiercely anti Independence,  as she says 22 years as an Army wife as maybe coloured her thinking. However, all the other members of her extended family are really pro Independence and can give chapter and verse on why it should happen. If you asked the "Man in the street" in England for their take on it, I suggest they would say let them carry on, and see where it gets them. Not a lot of sympathy there I think. Thorny question that would take some resolving.  I have had lots of discussions, often quite heated, with my in laws, as I am a firm believer in the Union. Time and Wee Jimmy Krankie will tell.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Care to elaborate or explain dave?considering we havent even left yet...

NHS funding has already been increased by the amount written on the side of the bus. Obviously the media doesn’t shout about it and remoaners aren’t interested, as it doesn’t fit their narrative and proves it was never an outlandish claim.

But, hey don’t let the facts get in the way of your argument.

• Like 6