HAVS test

Irishlew72

I understand you are worried. But, given your very minor symptoms, I doubt any doctor will give you a definitive HAVS diagnosis. 

I get a number finger tip in my ring finger sometimes, for no apparent reason. It lasts a few days then goes back to normal. Worrying about it will be probably worse for your health than the actual nerve damage, if any. Just upgrade your machinery to the lowest vibes models, wear normal gloves, and take breaks. Maybe go electric for the worst offendors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it Reynauds syndrome, or poor circulation as my father would have termed it, that makes some people(myself included) more prone to white finger?

In the winter months, if I do not get warmed up ASAP,  bytimes I have to go in the house and steep the offending digit in warm water, it can also affect my feet, rendering them totally numb, despite rotating my Lowa boots on a daily basis and fresh socks every morning

P.S.

I have not yet mastered using a chainsaw or strimmer with my feet.

• Like 1

About an hour flat out, but it has three speeds and reverse, I find the different speeds work better for different species of hedge, for instance on fur hedges for me number 2 works best, that’s with a 5ah battery but I have recently purchased 6ah battery’s so will be good to see how long they last compared to the 5ah, honestly though I haven’t touched my long reach or any other trimmer since getting it last week, I let my best friend who’s also a gardener use it and he was just as shocked as I was 

Hi Irishlew,I've been climbing for 4 years and had CTS sytoms so changed my 

systems over to SRT .Also only using sharp chainsaw with rakers correct and not doing hedges,the Echo 2511 is so much smoother with the 0.43 kerf and bump spike.(also using Spud Ported Saws reduces time on Saw ??)

I also do hand exercise ,hope this is useful 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, 1664 said:

Hi Irishlew,I've been climbing for 4 years and had CTS sytoms so changed my 

systems over to SRT .Also only using sharp chainsaw with rakers correct and not doing hedges,the Echo 2511 is so much smoother with the 0.43 kerf and bump spike.(also using Spud Ported Saws reduces time on Saw ??)

I also do hand exercise ,hope this is useful 

image.jpeg

Thanks mate, got to love a ported saw, I don’t spend much time on the saws these days as I have mostly grounds maintenance contracts which takes up 90 percent of my time over the year what is the green thing in the piccy? Glad you have kept the cts under control it’s a nasty condition by the sounds of it, can’t have it all though I suppose Best regards

Edited by Irishlew72