Why is swearing on this site not being picked up????

5 shires

We all work in an environment we’re swearing is kinda excepted and as said I do more then my fair share but there is a time and a place for it and when the swearing starts it just turns into written aggression and spirals out of control.

Edited by 5 shires

But would your customers like it if you used it round there gaff.

i try and keep the f/c/w words to myself as I don’t know who maybe listening.  Posting pics of what someone else has written/taken is ok ?

but if you r in a pub with me and I’ve had a few beers,, then you may need  cotton wool in your ears ?

12 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Being serious....I did complain when the "C" word was being used a bit too liberally.....oh, and it wasn't "Cod" on some of the fish based threads.

6 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Guilty as charged, and I totally agree.

Let’s try and clean it up a bit fellas.

Thanks spud and mark.

6 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

We all work in an environment we’re swearing is kinda excepted and as said I do more then my fair share but there is a time and a place for it and when the swearing starts it just turns into written aggression and spirals out of control.

*accepted

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

No...I didn’t want to seem like telling lies out of school,I just wanted to mention in some kind of way how the posts are being allowed to have swearing in them especially since the change in format and nothing being said and if anyone else had noticed the same thing.

I completely agree with your original sentiment, but the moderators are regular guys, volunteers, with their own busy lives. 

Make their lives easier by reporting those kinds of posts, the more there is reported, the less there is to see which will mean people are less likely to lower the tone

I think a lot of lads class this site as almost a pub, a place where you can relax, chat shit and complain about work. I think if you try and police human behaviour it would stop people expressing themselves and the site would suffer as a result. Obviously limits should be set in the same way a landlord manages a boozer.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, andy cobb said:

I think a lot of lads class this site as almost a pub, a place where you can relax, chat shit and complain about work. I think if you try and police human behaviour it would stop people expressing themselves and the site would suffer as a result. Obviously limits should be set in the same way a landlord manages a boozer.

That's about right in my mind.

Interesting thread 5 Shires. I look after a house with up to 24 guys off the streets etc.. We have a zero tolerance policy on swearing.
It’s surprising how the atmosphere and general environment of the house is improved by having this in place. It certainly helps guys stretch their vocabulary in order to express themselves without resorting to it. It definitely helps if you are trying to foster a culture of respect for one another.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1