Why is swearing on this site not being picked up????

5 shires

1 minute ago, TIMON said:

Interesting thread 5 Shires. I look after a house with up to 24 guys off the streets etc.. We have a zero tolerance policy on swearing.
It’s surprising how the atmosphere and general environment of the house is improved by having this in place. It certainly helps guys stretch their vocabulary in order to express themselves without resorting to it. It definitely helps if you are trying to foster a culture of respect for one another.

Great positive reply’s from all and I feel that we can all express our views,disagreements and arguments without resorting to it being backed up by swearing in Certain circumstances especially when other people are likely to be reading them.personally I think this post has had a better reaction then I anticipated and I thank all who have and will post on this subject with more positive views. 

5 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Interesting thread 5 Shires. I look after a house with up to 24 guys off the streets etc.. We have a zero tolerance policy on swearing.
It’s surprising how the atmosphere and general environment of the house is improved by having this in place. It certainly helps guys stretch their vocabulary in order to express themselves without resorting to it. It definitely helps if you are trying to foster a culture of respect for one another.

Yet you'll ring someone that you know swears when you need advice, you'll listen to him swear if you need help, I'm sure it's poor form and would never dream of doing infront of a client ,it's just one of those things. Isn't  I?

• Like 1

In total agreement with you 5 shires. I have been pulled up for pretty mild swearing some years back and completely accepted the reprimand. These days the limit to what goes is far beyond what I want to see on any forum. I realise mods are busy but I would have thought this forum pulls in enough revenue to warrant a good level of moderation. My mrs is on a farming forum and there is a zero-tolerance for swearing and it seems a better and more friendly place for it.

Edited by Woodworks

6 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

In total agreement with you 5 shires. I have been pulled up for pretty mild swearing some years back and completely excepted the reprimand. These days the limit to what goes is far beyond what I want to see on any forum. I realise mods are busy but I would have thought this forum pulls in enough revenue to warrant a good level of moderation. My mrs is on a farming forum and there is a zero-tolerance for swearing and it seems a better and more friendly place for it.

Am I a joke to you people? ???

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3

Yet you'll ring someone that you know swears when you need advice, you'll listen to him swear if you need help, I'm sure it's poor form and would never dream of doing infront of a client ,it's just one of those things. Isn't  I?

I guess it is Eggs, I wouldn’t go to someone’s house and expect them to stop swearing on my account.
But I would ask them not to in mine.

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Am I a joke to you people? ???

You lost me but see I spelled a word wrong. I am running a spellcheck but it doesn't work if it's a valid word just the wrong one ?

There are reasons I cut logs for a living

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spudulike said:

excepted should be accepted

Excepted is to be excluded, accepted is to accept or to approve whatever is being discussed!

Thank you spud...my grammar and spelling are terrible so any help with both are greatly accepted and taken on board...and not a swear work in sight?

• Like 1