Stump grinder for sale

dumper

In particular no, but would agree it's custom made. But obviously it has been used for a while, so it seems to work. 

When looking at the picture my guess is, that it may outperform many grinders on the market. 

It has 360 degree sweep which is a fantastic feature and a dozer blade on the correct side of the machine, not on the pointless back. 

I guess it grinds at least 20-30" deep and it may have gobs of power due to it's 3 pot diesel so a minimum of torque loaded 35-50hp on the grinder head. In addition there is no hydro pump taking away any torque from the engine. Due to it's - I guess crazy weight, it will be stable as a mountain. Which are the downsides: heavy and too big for tight gardens but a a killer for reasonable sized landclearing and big lumps and maybe some light forestry mulching. 

I guess parts are much cheaper than boutique parts from the well knowns.

Depending on the price, the available space and towing vehicle, I would seriously consider it as a special. You may need to have some wrenching skills. 

What engine is on there, what hours at which price? Interesting built. 

• Like 2

Looks similar to this that greenmech used to make

PICCLICK.CO.UK

GREENMECH STUMP GRINDER with / or without JCB 801.4 mini excavator - £6,250.00. GreenMech Stump Master, Model SM 460/25 and Serial number 159F. Kohler key start petrol engine which starts and runs fine (key in cab). JCB 801.4 mini excavator.Serial Number 801721777.Less than 2,000 hours showing (hours counter is working).Good little excavator, good starter and clean-running on decent tracks.It has the digging arm and 2 buckets 8" and 24". An ex-Council machine that has not done a lot of work.We have been using it over the last three months' and it is a 401187046211

I think this grinder belonged to a guy who came on briefly a few years back, from his description it was very handy, especially regarding depth and sweep.

The engine is a bit more tasty than a Kohler command!

He was going to post a vid, but never did, got the impression he wasn’t a forum type of guy, which is fair enough.

• Like 1