A few sticks of Euc

aspenarb

1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

I have looked at the swing mills and various other permutations, of all the mills the only one I fancy either buying or building is the double cut bandmill. So much time wasted running the head back to the start each time with conventional mills . God only knows how they track the bands

That's one of the advantages of swingmills too. I'm surprised you're not interested. Unless it's waney edged slabs you want, you still need to cut twice apart from you have to move the wood for the resaw with a bandmill too. I assumed you'd be wanting to cut beams for landscaping?

Edited by AHPP

36 minutes ago, AHPP said:

That's one of the advantages of swingmills too. I'm surprised you're not interested. Unless it's waney edged slabs you want, you still need to cut twice apart from you have to move the wood for the resaw with a bandmill too. I assumed you'd be wanting to cut beams for landscaping?

Its a bit of a mixed bag for us Alex. Yes the smaller beams and planks are useful but of all the timber milled the best seller was the slabbed Oak, unfortunately this all had to be done with an Alaskan hence selling the Miser. Still looking for something much bigger and efficient so will go to the next APF with a fiver sticking out of each ear looking for ideas and a bargain.

Bob

imagejpg2_zps59bfb6bd.jpg

imagejpg2_zps831a33e4.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsfb4bf9b7.jpg

By far the best seller was the slabbed Oak and that all had to be done on the Alsakan

imagejpg1_zpsfca042dc.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/07/2019 at 07:39, aspenarb said:

There are a few sticks of Euc available if anyone is interested, currently in Fleet, Hampshire in.Can deliver if need be.

Offers before it goes in the log pile.

IMG_2730.thumb.JPG.bda3198a3934093d05c203c6fd7c64d4.JPG

IMG_2732.thumb.JPG.11c2ae173e0d2f5b15679634969967ee.JPG

IMG_2733.thumb.JPG.f76228804c035e97436afa65eecd8fb3.JPG

Its heavy

IMG_2735.thumb.JPG.2dfefde26a0b9fceae1ac8ae69e517af.JPG

do you know exactly what species of euc this was?

E, gunnii and E globulus do not usually grow in the manner of logs you have unless forest grown so i wonder if it is a different species that the splitting waste of wood we are all used to?

10 hours ago, se7enthdevil said:

do you know exactly what species of euc this was?

E, gunnii and E globulus do not usually grow in the manner of logs you have unless forest grown so i wonder if it is a different species that the splitting waste of wood we are all used to?

I think we can eliminate those two Steve, the size of them brings it down to about four possibles. I will ask our Arb consultant who will bore the tits off me for an hour but will know the species, name and age of the the guy that planted them, the name of the boat the plants came over on and whether it was raining that day.

Bob

trees3.thumb.jpg.11c9fef4b295ef860ccbcd4f3cdd7538.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think we can eliminate those two Steve, the size of them brings it down to about four possibles. I will ask our Arb consultant who will bore the tits off me for an hour but will know the species, name and age of the the guy that planted them, the name of the boat the plants came over on and whether it was raining that day.

Bob

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Bob

boring the tits off people is usually my job but i won't commit to the species.

i'm thinking Eucalyptus nitens though.