Patruuna delimber

andy cobb

I'm going to look at a patruuna 60 delimber at the weekend, I was just wondering if anybody had any experience of them and could point out any particular bit I should pay attention to or if parts are available. I've had a look on the web but information seems a little sparse.

I don't think for 1 minute the guy selling it would be anything but straight up but it would be nice to have a bit of an idea of its capabilities before I look at it.

Thanks - Andy 

1 hour ago, andy cobb said:

I'm going to look at a patruuna 60 delimber at the weekend, I was just wondering if anybody had any experience of them and could point out any particular bit I should pay attention to or if parts are available. I've had a look on the web but information seems a little sparse.

I don't think for 1 minute the guy selling it would be anything but straight up but it would be nice to have a bit of an idea of its capabilities before I look at it.

Thanks - Andy 

just have a look on youtube i am sure there will be some videos on there, i bought a old patu stroke processor last year not used it that much but we have not had the right job for it yet where we can see what it would be capable of doing in a week, its easier than a saw and you dont sweat as much just pulling leavers,

2 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Something like this? Beats snedding!
I'm selling this at the moment, would be happy to keep the crane and sell the head. All works as it should and in good mechanical order.20190320_152727.jpeg

That looks very much like the 1 I'm going to look at. 

What diameter can it delimb to and cut? And are spare parts still available or is it a  case of finding something similar or making parts.

Cheers. 

That looks very much like the 1 I'm going to look at. 
What diameter can it delimb to and cut? And are spare parts still available or is it a  case of finding something similar or making parts.
Cheers. 
18 inches max. Has it's own pto pump on the delimber and it needs the best part of 100 hp behind it to keep up the pace on heavy stuff.
No issues with parts, pump is casappa, parts off the shelf with a number of suppliers. Kesla took over/merged with patu and the 40 lf is basically the same machine refined. Oak leaf forestry can supply parts. I never needed any. They're built to last.
The only issue I've had is getting the "feel" for the machine as I never utilised it much.
Out of interest, how much for the one you're looking at? PM me if you like..