Tracked chipper - decisions . . .

Ian88

Don't discount Forst - they've made a number of changes to the production in recent years and they're now very highly regarded. I'm not a guy who have ever chipped a branch in my life of course but I've funded stacks of them and I consistently hear very good things from the guys who do use them a lot. The XR8 is an incredible machine, but if you're concerned about getting into tight spots then take a look at a TR6 as well as I think its plenty powerful. 

Although I haven't chipped a branch in my life I do know plenty about residual values and the most recent crops put out by Forst in the past few years are holding their value incredibly well. Popular opinion also seems to be that their aftercare is a bit better than other majors. 

If you want a quote on funding for any of them give me a shout - new, used, any brand.

4 minutes ago, Bobbies said:

Forst TR8 all day, beats the timberwolf hands down in terms of performance and back up from Redwood

You know there was a video on here with a guy using a 280 TW tracked against a TR8he said there was very little in it performance wise.

6 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You know there was a video on here with a guy using a 280 TW tracked against a TR8he said there was very little in it performance wise.

I have used them side by side and very different machines - forst tr8 was much more aggressive and powerful, plus threw the chip much better

9 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

1 minute ago, Bobbies said:

I have used them side by side and very different machines - forst tr8 was much more aggressive and powerful, plus threw the chip much better

Different strokes for different folks. Worth getting a demo at least of the TR8 before writing it off all together. 

9 minutes ago, ForestryFinance said:

Different strokes for different folks. Worth getting a demo at least of the TR8 before writing it off all together. 

Not writing anything off, and it’s not really different strokes is it?

We are talking about two machines competing against each other in exactly the same place in the market place, same power unit (turboed v1505 iirc) 

Now, still looking for that video....found it!

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Not writing anything off, and it’s not really different strokes is it?

Not saying you were writing it off, that was a reference to the OP who had seemed to discount Forst as an option right at the top of the thread. 

And ok different strokes may be the wrong phrase - what I mean is the chap in your video thinks there's nothing in it, and Bobbies reckoned in the same test that there was a noticeable difference. Different opinions - suggests the OP should just see for himself which he likes. 

Just now, ForestryFinance said:

Not saying you were writing it off, that was a reference to the OP who had seemed to discount Forst as an option right at the top of the thread. 

And ok different strokes may be the wrong phrase - what I mean is the chap in your video thinks there's nothing in it, and Bobbies reckoned in the same test that there was a noticeable difference. Different opinions - suggests the OP should just see for himself which he likes. 

Yes he should, of course.

I like the vid though, a really honest test of the machines side by side.